Skint

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Skint

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I give myself an allowance every month & yesterday took a tenner out of the hole in the wall & at the same time checked my balance. Just popped to the shops to buy something to be told my card was declined so I asked them to try again & same answer. Check online to see Tesco have taken £120 overnight, the money they have taken goes back 3 weeks :twisted: 3 bloody weeks...
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Re: Skint

Post by Deleted User 728 »

You mean you spent £120 on groceries three weeks ago and their banking system's only just removed it from your account ??

:o

If you paid by "Switch" or whatever it's called these days, I thought that was an instant transfer ?
Seems a bit rum for them to be doing it all so late ..
big jon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by big jon »

NottinghamWhite wrote:I give myself an allowance every month & yesterday took a tenner out of the hole in the wall & at the same time checked my balance. Just popped to the shops to buy something to be told my card was declined so I asked them to try again & same answer. Check online to see Tesco have taken £120 overnight, the money they have taken goes back 3 weeks :twisted: 3 bloody weeks...
The exact same scenario happened to my step-daughter with Asda a couple of weeks ago. She was fuming.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Oddly, we had a bit of a dispute with Tesco recently which is, sort of, on similar lines.

We have our shopping delivered, we processed the order as normal and everything was fine. However, the shopping wasn’t delivered during the relevant time slot, nobody contacted us or anything. Mrs B contacted Tesco’s to be told all the drivers had been told to ‘stand down’ due to the bad weather, and our shopping wouldn’t be delivered. Fair enough, I wouldn’t want any driver to be injured (or worse), just to bring us our shopping.

The following day, I noticed that Tesco had still taken the money for our non-delivered shopping. Mrs B phoned them again, to be told in a rather can’t be bothered type of way, your money will be refunded in 3 to 5 days. I then took the phone, and ‘discussed’ the situation with a manger, who agreed to process the refund immediately and sure enough it was back in our account 2 hours later.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

rigger wrote:You mean you spent £120 on groceries three weeks ago and their banking system's only just removed it from your account ??

:o
It was a number of transactions, when I commented to the lass behind the counter she virtually said it was a regular occurrence :evil:
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

This is the kind of thing you should escalate.
I'd check MSE first and have a look in the forums there to see if anyone else has complained.
I'd also write a strongly worded email to the company to ask for their thoughts - it's this kind of behaviour that really affects the lives of some people, especially those on the breadline - which is a heck of a lot these days :mad:
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

It was in the news a few weeks ago.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2018/ ... s-into-red
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

NW I've got a dusty £20 note I don't need so I'll pop round with it later if you want......

I'd put Tesco in the same bracket of British organizations like the AA and BT, who have been around a while, have had a dominant market position and this has bred complacency and arrogance. We had one delivery of groceries from them and the quality was really poor, certainly compared to Sainsburys, Morrisons and Waitrose whom we also use.

Did I read somewhere recently that Tesco have been paying employees with vouchers rather than cash? Disgraceful and I'd say a sign of a company in trouble.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Deleted User 728

How can they be in trouble ??

Doesn't one in every £7 spent in this country go through their tills ?

That last line may actually be a case of them offering the staff part payment in vouchers on the caveat that they get slightly more that way.
Most companies prefer to (effectively) give stock rather than actual dosh because they're more in control and can offer more that way, yet still remain in control of the actual figures in question.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Talking of saving money (well you sort of are :P ) has anyone tried changing their landline & broadband packages?

I'm with BT and want to save money so I'm thinking of checking elsewhere but want to retain the telephone number. Any help please?