I'm going to Newbury races on Saturday

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Re: I'm going to Newbury races on Saturday

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Like a lot of things, I can see why people go and what the attraction is - it's very exciting when you're there in the flesh.

Not sure about owning a horse though :wtf:

.. then again, if you love it that much.
I guess it's like anything that people either collect or obsess over.
I'm happy to pay £300 for a new cartridge for my turntable but that's more than most people spend on their entire sound system, so who am I to argue ? :D
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

The buying of the horse wouldn’t be a problem, even on my own, but the ongoing costs would be. It can cost something like £75 PER DAY, just for the stable fees :shock:. Don’t know why, but I’ve always just fancied it.

As you say, it’s peoples perception of money. I spent thousands on a watch, but then cannot believe how much other people spend on their hobbies. A bloke in our village told me the other day, he’s spent nearly £20,000 restoring a vintage car and he’s no hope of getting that back even if he sold it. He probably thinks I’m daft spending a small fortune on a watch.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:The buying of the horse wouldn’t be a problem, even on my own, but the ongoing costs would be. It can cost something like £75 PER DAY, just for the stable fees :shock:. Don’t know why, but I’ve always just fancied it.

As you say, it’s peoples perception of money. I spent thousands on a watch, but then cannot believe how much other people spend on their hobbies. A bloke in our village told me the other day, he’s spent nearly £20,000 restoring a vintage car and he’s no hope of getting that back even if he sold it. He probably thinks I’m daft spending a small fortune on a watch.
That's hobbies/interests for you, still money is pointless if you can't spend it on your passion. Reckon you've just given me an idea for a new thread :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.