www query

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

www query

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Help please, small problem with accessing a gmail.com email account on a shared computer.

I don't use gmail often but do have an email account for a charity shop I kind of manage. However, on my main pc any www address containing gmail.com goes to a Leeds City College login screen which my s/daughter was registered with years back. How do I get rid of it so I can access gmail without automatically going to that 'stuck' screen?
Deleted User 728

Re: www query

Post by Deleted User 728 »

If you use Yahoo, you can set up a secondary email account on your "normal" Yahoo Mail page.
I've got this on my phone and in Chrome so that whenever I access my email, I can check both accounts at the same time.

I've been with Yahoo for over twenty years but had to set up Gmail for Chrome itself and also for a Discogs shop.

If not, then I would suggest it's something to do with your cookie settings so it might be worth using CCleaner to actually remove ALL cookies, just once, then while it'll be a pain logging into all your sites manually it should eradicate the auto-divert.

... I hope !
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

rigger wrote:If you use Yahoo, you can set up a secondary email account on your "normal" Yahoo Mail page.
I've got this on my phone and in Chrome so that whenever I access my email, I can check both accounts at the same time.

I've been with Yahoo for over twenty years but had to set up Gmail for Chrome itself and also for a Discogs shop.

If not, then I would suggest it's something to do with your cookie settings so it might be worth using CCleaner to actually remove ALL cookies, just once, then while it'll be a pain logging into all your sites manually it should eradicate the auto-divert.

... I hope !
Thanks mate - should have mentioned, we don't need the college log in or that screen any more.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Cheers mate, just set up a secondary account very easily.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Glad to be of service :)