What aftershave

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

What aftershave

Post by NottinghamWhite »

What aftershave or for fairer sex perfume do you use ?
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: What aftershave

Post by Selby White »

Women find it irresistable :D

So the bloke in the shop said :roll:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Lard for hard men.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Great topic !
I love to smell good :D

I have a shelf in the bathroom with loads of bottles, some of which are more than twenty years old. There's a load of old tosh talked about scents losing their strength over time - don't believe it, they just want you to buy more.
Having said that, it was getting silly a year or so ago as I was given a new bottle and it wouldn't fit on the shelf so I started using up those with the least left so I could clear some space.

I have three clear favourites that I wear when I'm going "out out", choosing one depending on my mood, but I also have several for every day wear.

My old man used to wear Old Spice and I think it's a beautiful, strong musky kind of scent and perfect for when you just want to smell clean.
I do love musk as a base smell and used to wear Body Shop White Musk perfume instead of aftershave just because it smelled so bloody sexy. Now they thankfully do a range of it for men :)

Another one of theirs I loved was the Sandalwood, but it was discontinued long ago. I've been looking for a replacement for a while and finally found one a year or two ago when I was given some vouchers for M & S. I didn't want to just buy pants so I had a mooch around and discovered their Wood Spice range, which is basically sandalwood and is another clean and "natural" scent.

I've got one of the Beckham ones - Homme - which is simple and fresh, a bit like the man himself ;)

The three big ones I love more than any other are :

L'Occitane Cade
Eau de Cade is an intense, luminous fragrance that exudes steadfast masculinity. From the wood of the Juniper Berry shrub, L’Occitane extracts the purest essential oil which boasts heady aromatic and woody notes. This strong, warm base is heightened by a crisp and spicy accord creating a captivating scent that evokes the feeling of dry wood cracking beneath the feet on a wild mountain walk.

What a load of claptrap .. it smells sexy, that's all you need to know :shh:

Hermès Terre
An eau between the earth and the sky built around woody notes.

This stuff .. man, I just wanna drink it :D

Halston Z-14
Scent of woods, spices and leather
Sharp top notes of bergamot, basil, lemon, gardenia and cypress melt into the heart of vetiver, jasmine, geranium, and coriander
A sweet and spicy trail of cinnamon leads the dry-down of musk, amber, Tonka bean, oakmoss and leather
Top notes: Bergamot, Basil, lemon, gardenia and cypress
Middle notes: Vetiver, jasmine, geranium, cinnamon and coriander

This is my all-time favourite. It's a disco-era classic, first produced in 1974. Chic sing about "Halston, Gucci .. Fiorucci" in their song He's The Greatest Dancer and it's right up there if you want a retro classic. It's got the lot : basically it's musk but with really sharp fruity tangs and a freshness that's just so pure, clean and yet deliciously sexy all at the same time. This is a proper date scent 8-)
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Invictus by Paco Rabanne.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

dancorub heat cream ;)
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Imperial leather soap ...nuff said
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

In the 1950's/60's in the bath, after a football game, I never saw anyone using a) aftershave b) underarm deodorant, c) shampoo. Carbolic soap was used for everything! :shock: Mind you, we probably couldn't afford to pay for such luxuries in those days.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

johnh wrote:In the 1950's/60's in the bath, after a football game, I never saw anyone using a) aftershave b) underarm deodorant, c) shampoo. Carbolic soap was used for everything! :shock: Mind you, we probably couldn't afford to pay for such luxuries in those days.
When I had my first job in 1983 it was as a Saturday boy for Sainsbury's.
It was a great education for life as I soon found out and I still have many friends from the company to this day and I loved working there.
The head butcher was in his late 50s and a proper old school gent : short back and sides, Brylcreem, vest and braces, brogues .. you know the kind of chap.
Occasionally he'd have to work a Saturday and he'd always light-heartedly berate us whippersnappers for our preparation for going out, usually straight after we finished, as we'd all be liberally spraying Lynx in the men's changing room and he'd normally walk in as we were in front of the mirror, hair gel and deodorant being passed between us.

He'd laugh and say "This is all you need, lads !" before giving a bottle of talc a quick squeeze under each arm-pit, donning his tweed jacket and strolling out the door.
Looking back, he was quite dapper, very fit for his age and his wife was a beautiful woman so I think he was a bit of a boy himself back in the day.

Funny how each generation has its little habits and customs, isn't it ?
Deleted User 1076

Post by Deleted User 1076 »

Ralph Lauren Polo Black