New Years resolutions ???

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

New Years resolutions ???

Post by Aces »

Anyone got any planned ???

Me, I'm gonna try to cut down on the grog. :lolno:

I'm not going to stop completely, but I average more than the average 21 units per week, maybe about 30 units, so I am aiming to at least half that amount.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Deleted User 728

Re: New Years resolutions ???

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Hold on, what do you count as a unit these days, because it changes every time I look :wtf:

I went for a diabetic review at my local hospital yesterday morning and was asked - as usual - how much I'm drinking.
My African doctor actually shook my hand and told me I'd done very well in the past few months as my readings were much lower than before and that I was an excellent example of how to manage the condition. I told him I was drinking about the same - about five or six pints per week - but that when I do drink I also drink a lot of water, so a pint or two accompanied with a glass or two of water, etc.
I don't drink at home unless I've got friends round, so it's only a social thing for me.

I don't make resolutions but I will be stepping up my fitness "regime" this year: I love the fact that I'm fitter with diabetes than I was without it and I just want to keep on along that road :D
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

rigger wrote:Hold on, what do you count as a unit these days, because it changes every time I look :wtf:

I went for a diabetic review at my local hospital yesterday morning and was asked - as usual - how much I'm drinking.
My African doctor actually shook my hand and told me I'd done very well in the past few months as my readings were much lower than before and that I was an excellent example of how to manage the condition. I told him I was drinking about the same - about five or six pints per week - but that when I do drink I also drink a lot of water, so a pint or two accompanied with a glass or two of water, etc.
I don't drink at home unless I've got friends round, so it's only a social thing for me.

I don't make resolutions but I will be stepping up my fitness "regime" this year: I love the fact that I'm fitter with diabetes than I was without it and I just want to keep on along that road :D
Stick with that Mr Rigger - my sister is in exactly the same situation. She was diagnosed last year and has since reduced her weight significantly and is also now much fitter than she has ever been before!
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

As daft as it sounds all I want in the new year is Leeds back where they belong in The Premiership. I also don't do resolutions, I'd only break the blooming things :D
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Mine is the same as always;

Enjoy life, and don't take it too seriously.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

rigger wrote:Hold on, what do you count as a unit these days, because it changes every time I look :wtf:

My daughter contracted child-onset diabetes when she was eight. She is now 42 and manages her condition extremely well. It does require firm self-discipline, but you are obviously on top of it. Well done Rigger. :thumbup:
Too long in the tooth for New Year resolutions, too much experience of breaking them.
I once played against Don Revie.
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

Gave up making new year's resolutions a long time ago, as kept breaking them anyways, so didn't seem much point? :crazy:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Mine is to break every one I make whilst sober. Can't fail to be happy that way.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

I was told there were 40 units in a bottle of whiskey and I usually drink about 3 bottles a month, which is 120 units and about 30 units per week. Just been bought 3 bottles for Christmas so I'm gonna be tested on my New Years resolution straight away, if drinks in the house, I find it hard to ignore. Good to hear your fitter these days, me I am starting to feel my age.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I was never fat.
I'm quite a big boy and have never been slim either, but I was never fat, which is what annoys me about the diabetes. I see fat f**ks wandering round stuffing pies in their faces all the time while I'm munching on a stick of celery ...

I don't drink at home and I rarely touched spirits before being diagnosed - there's something about them that puts me off, I don't really know what. I guess having worked in pubs and clubs down the years you get a bit averse to drugs certainly because you see what tits people make of themselves when they're high/stoned/speeding/coked up/ee-ed off their heads, etc. and I think their may be a similar in-built revulsion of spirits now I come to think about it because it's always the permanently pickled, hard drinkers that sit at the bar with a whisky in their hand all day and all night. Some of them come in pi55ed from the day before and just top it up and carry on ...

That's no way to live.
I'm not a gym freak or anything, but I like to feel healthy, you know ?

Anyway .. drink plenty of WATER when you drink alcohol - that's the key to no hangovers and it dilutes the stuff as it hits your system.