New Years resolutions ???

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: New Years resolutions ???

Post by johnh »

I read somewhere: 'If you are fit and healthy, there is no need to exercise. If you are unfit and unhealthy, exercise is dangerous. :D
I once played against Don Revie.
BigLeedsFan72
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by BigLeedsFan72 »

rigger wrote:I was never fat.
I'm quite a big boy and have never been slim either, but I was never fat, which is what annoys me about the diabetes. I see fat f**ks wandering round stuffing pies in their faces all the time while I'm munching on a stick of celery ...
Diabetes is not really a fat persons ailment Rigger! As a species we are hot wired to go through lean seasons and years concerning food. The fact that we in the west never go without makes us all more at risk.

I used to work in a High School for years and all the kids who had it were never fat and most of the teachers or their partners were not what you would call fat either. Saying that eating too much sugar is going to affect some more than others, just like grog or drugs do.

It may be sweet but sugar is a poison and should in all honesty be labeled as such and the consumption of it monitored more closely by the powers that be especially the health system. Not sure how it could be done but if we can contain smallpox as a species, I'm sure we could come up with a way to curb our deadly sugar intake.

Good to hear you have your Diabetes well in hand. :thumbup: I have a sister in law that waited until they started talking about cutting off her feet before she got serious about her health. She has lost 13Kg and has replaced Pepsi Max with glasses of cold water and now even her blood pressure is well down.
"Be like water my friend" Bruce Lee
Deebo
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Deebo »

I have one New Years resolution this year, to stop hitting the snooze button on the alarm. My aim is to just get up when I need to, rather tham prolonging the inevitable each morning by half an hour. YOu just end up feeling knackered, you'd be better off sleeping an extra half hour, then getting up on the one alarm. So that's mine.

The booze and carry on will continue for another year.... ;)
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Sam, you should set your alarm half an hour earlier than you NEED to get up.
That way, you can still enjoy that sleepy-sleepy-snoozy-snooze time but you won't be late and in a rush when eventually the Kraaken awakes :D

Have you ever heard the term "Epicurean" ?
Well, it means someone who lives life to the full, a gourmand, a hedonist ...
The original Greek philosopher, Epicurus, used to do something similar in that he'd order his man-servant to wake him up at 5am simply so he could enjoy the pleasures of going back to sleep again, knowing it was far too early to get up :D

They were on to something, that lot ...
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

I got ratted last night and was up early to work a ten hour shift. The demon drink struck again. :sick: :lol:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

My new years resolution is to stop dreaming about winning the lottery.

I'm just going to do it.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

My new years resolution will be there will be no more new years resolutions :crazy:
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Aces wrote:I got ratted last night and was up early to work a ten hour shift. The demon drink struck again. :sick: :lol:
Not drinking again until New Year's Eve, then it's in to real long term cut down mode. :thumbup:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
banksy
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by banksy »

Barlow Boy wrote:Mine is the same as always;

Enjoy life, and don't take it too seriously.
Couldn't agree more...i don't make any New Year resolutions because i think,why wait a year to change something that you don't like about yourself?
If you wanna improve yourself Carpe Diem ! Seize the day! Don't wait all year..it's just another day. :thumbup:
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Barlow is spot on.

New Years Eve and all that is just another day, it just happens to be the end of one year and the start of another. If you live your life for each day as it comes, you probably wont go far wrong!

Although a lottery win would help!