New Years resolutions ???

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Re: New Years resolutions ???

Post by Aces »

Well I had my first drinks last night since the new year, we went to Hussains Indian resteraunt in Brighouse last night, I had a couple of pints beforehand, a beer with my meal and a very large whiskey and lemonade with ice after. I figure about 10 units in the first 5 days, which is well inside what I have set for myself.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Aces wrote:Well I had my first drinks last night since the new year, we went to Hussains Indian resteraunt in Brighouse last night, I had a couple of pints beforehand, a beer with my meal and a very large whiskey and lemonade with ice after. I figure about 10 units in the first 5 days, which is well inside what I have set for myself.
Alcoholic :lol:

I'm 4 days in and can't honestly say I'm feeling any better. Not a drop has touched these lips in anger, Day 5, not that I'm counting you understand, today and a Sunday roast without a few glasses of wine to wash it down another major hurdle. With our first grandson imminent that'll be the real tester for me.

Cheers :D
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Now day 7 and still not had a drink, not that I'm counting of course :evil:
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by SMorientes »

:clap: :clap:
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

I cracked after 3 days, but have still cut down.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Davycc wrote:I cracked after 3 days, but have still cut down.

There's the problem I'm an all or nothing sort of guy. If I had a glass I'd want at least the bottle.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Davycc wrote:I cracked after 3 days, but have still cut down.

There's the problem I'm an all or nothing sort of guy. If I had a glass I'd want at least the bottle.

Me too thats' why I just have her buy a box of Stella, I prefer a nice glass/bottle of Merlot but also like a beer, BUT the beer bloats me so I tend to stop after a few. Mind you the 4-5 wee bottles of beer are probably as bad as the whole bottle of red.

Just Googled it

I'm back on the wine! Will just have to up my will power. :roll:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

My problem is there are 4 bottles in the fridge and every time I see them I start drooling like Homer Simpson. It's then the little fella on me left shoulder starts saying a glass wouldn't hurt and the little fella on my right shoulder preaching about the evils of drink :roll:
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

Aces wrote:Anyone got any planned ???

Me, I'm gonna try to cut down on the grog. :lolno:

I'm not going to stop completely, but I average more than the average 21 units per week, maybe about 30 units, so I am aiming to at least half that amount.
My new years resolution was to be reunited with my wife and kids as they are in the Philippines while i was here in Ireland doing bits and bobs to earn for us all, its become apparent of late that i havent been happy with this situation and its heartbreakng to see your kids growing and developing yet not being able to see it and live it with them, skype can only do so much and theres been tears many bitter im not ashamed to say, but i made a vow 2014 was the year id make a move and its began today by me purchasing my flights and telling my wife i am moving not just coming for a visit. The past few years have been the toughest years of my life going to and fro the stress levels very high etc, ive been putting something aside for ages now and the time to act is now, i wont be going until August but the relief has me floating. I have so e plans for when im out there to make an income also, im just grateful that the time has come to do it at last, missing a loved one is hard but missing a family is a disaster especially when kids are still young ones.

Sorry for sharing this as its non footballing, but today im delighted and you being somewhat the only place ive frequented every day, silent or not, i wanted to fill you in as you guys and gals have been good for me also with things youve posted and plus were Leeds United and i know it
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by SMorientes »

CorkWhite wrote: My new years resolution was to be reunited with my wife and kids as they are in the Philippines while i was here in Ireland doing bits and bobs to earn for us all, its become apparent of late that i havent been happy with this situation and its heartbreakng to see your kids growing and developing yet not being able to see it and live it with them, skype can only do so much and theres been tears many bitter im not ashamed to say, but i made a vow 2014 was the year id make a move and its began today by me purchasing my flights and telling my wife i am moving not just coming for a visit. The past few years have been the toughest years of my life going to and fro the stress levels very high etc, ive been putting something aside for ages now and the time to act is now, i wont be going until August but the relief has me floating. I have so e plans for when im out there to make an income also, im just grateful that the time has come to do it at last, missing a loved one is hard but missing a family is a disaster especially when kids are still young ones.

Sorry for sharing this as its non footballing, but today im delighted and you being somewhat the only place ive frequented every day, silent or not, i wanted to fill you in as you guys and gals have been good for me also with things youve posted and plus were Leeds United and i know it
:clap: :clap: :clap: good luck with the move mate, glad you've resolved to do what will make you happier. Won't ever be easy to make a major life choice like that, but there's no point staying where you are when it's making you miserable. :thumbup:
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."