Needle and

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Needle and

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Have to admit arriving somewhere late I feel embarrassed.
:thumbup:

This
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

rigger wrote:I'll be washing my hair that day ... all day if necessary.

Actually, I went to the forest on the day of Diana's funeral.

Up the republic !
to have a room full of people

Isn't it wonderful how things like this mean different things to some. I'd say it must be impossible (and good) to have a room full of people and have everyone agree on every aspect of life...

PS I am not against the Royalty and actually think the likes of William, Harry and Megan will/ are doing wonders for the relationship with the general public. Won't be watching though.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:The upcoming Royal wedding. I mean its just two people getting married isn't it?
Nah, She's quite famous :shh:
I’ll be watching, just to see how Harry looks in his ‘suits’ obviously :P
Lets hope he's got rid of the Nazi one he wore years ago. :shifty:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

When Charles and Diana got hitched I was on an International Management Course (Unilever). 3 weeks residential (including week-ends). The television room was packed on the Saturday, mainly by overseas people, particularly Americans. Me and a guy from South Africa went and had a game of tennis.
Only live 5 miles from Windsor but wouldn't dream of going there. Will spend the day probably watching the local cricket team. Like Rigger, not against Royalty but am not a flag waver.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

johnh wrote:When Charles and Diana got hitched I was on an International Management Course (Unilever). 3 weeks residential (including week-ends). The television room was packed on the Saturday, mainly by overseas people, particularly Americans. Me and a guy from South Africa went and had a game of tennis.
Only live 5 miles from Windsor but wouldn't dream of going there. Will spend the day probably watching the local cricket team. Like Rigger, not against Royalty but am not a flag waver.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

rigger wrote:
kk_white wrote:People who think it's ok to be late for everything.
Just because they feel they don't need to be somewhere on time, they assume that no-one else cares either.
I know where I live it's a rural thing. I'm a city boy originally and still think punctuality is common decency, but maybe they're right and I'm wrong... :evil:
TOTALLY AGREE !!

It makes me SO MAD !
It's so disrespectful, like their time is more important than yours !

FFS :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I've had several girlfriends who've been like this and a couple of male friends who have forced me to tell them half an hour beforehand if we were doing something just to compensate.
One girlfriend in particular - who was so fussy about so many things in her life - would always use the kids as an excuse, saying that because I didn't have any I couldn't possibly know what it was like.

Bollocks.

I have plenty of other friends, male and female, who have children and none of them were ever late for anything and never used them as a reason if they occasionally were. With her, it was every single time and I'd be steaming by the time she got there (with anger, not alcohol) and she wondered why every single time.

It's just a lack of respect and I now won't even go out with anyone who does it.
It's a deal-breaker for me.

There are two kinds of people in life : those who are late habitually and those who are punctual. End of.
The other lot can do one.
Fantastic posts from both of you. I'm of the same opinion as you both. Lateness for me riles me up to the extent that iv'e had serious arguments with friends and loved ones over it and as Rigger said, Iv'e dropped some altogether over it. For me its a lack of respect simple as that.

I learned as a young kid the harshness of of what its about to be late when turning up for school late and the teacher sent me home for the whole day. To some it might have been a good thing to be sent home, but it wasn't for me because my father was strict and he sent me to school early that day and i was trying to decide if i would go on the hop or not but an hour after walking around like billy no mates i decided to go into school.

Having to explain why i was late was excruciating and i got punished by both my father and the school because he ratted me out the next day when i went back into school with him. I never was late after that day. Thankfully i never got caught after that whenever i went on the hop because with everything in life you do you learn how to do it better the next time.
Get the kettle on
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Get the kettle on »

To the O.P.

I know your pain..

What i hate is the fuppin', "Just say XYZ" - No! speaking into a fuppin' phone will never ever give the caller the desired chosen option.. NEVER! AAAARGH!

(Got to breathe.. yes, that's the key here.. breathe..)

I'm blinking sick to death of, "Just press XYZ" or, "Just say XYZ". God fuppin' dammit! Just let me speak to a human being... for fups sake!

So.. I've developed a plan. Uhhuhh, yesssir.. a strategy... and it works! Every time! Guarunteed sucess! Say nothing! Touch nothing! Do nothing! Eventually they'll put you through.. connect you to a HUMAN BEING! So that you will be able to - get ths! TALK TO THEM! UhhhfuppinUhhh! Yeesirreee! It works!

:D Thank me later..
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Also, pick the sales/new business option and you'll get an answer immediately.
Just act dumb while they transfer you directly to someone in the right department. Works almost every time.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay