Needle and

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Needle and

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Cyclists on the pavement, one nearly knocked me over the other day. Cyclists riding 2 or 3 abreast on the main roads, no one can get past them, ridiculous. Cyclists on towpaths who ring their bells always expecting you to move and when you do there's never a thank you.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

People who think it's ok to be late for everything.
Just because they feel they don't need to be somewhere on time, they assume that no-one else cares either.
I know where I live it's a rural thing. I'm a city boy originally and still think punctuality is common decency, but maybe they're right and I'm wrong... :evil:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

ChilwellWhite wrote:Cyclists on the pavement, one nearly knocked me over the other day. Cyclists riding 2 or 3 abreast on the main roads, no one can get past them, ridiculous. Cyclists on towpaths who ring their bells always expecting you to move and when you do there's never a thank you.
Hold on .. as a cyclist I have a natural tendency to defend them, but I do appreciate there are many people who should never be allowed to ride one because they're chuffing idiots.

The pavement thing can actually be because there are idiots driving on the road and they're forced to mount it temporarily. Pot-holes don't help either. But if they're just doing it to get through a junction quicker or before the lights have changed I'm fully with you - those morons really wind me up : if you're going to ride a bike on the roads, you should follow the Highway Code like everyone else ..

.. which brings me nicely to them riding two abreast. This is completely legal in the UK. Look it up in the Code if you don't believe me.
However, three is not and nor is it always appropriate. Again, common sense and 360' vision helps - like driving any vehicle, you should always be scanning everything around you and taking appropriate action.

The bells without a thank you is just plain rude, though .. I never do that.
I don't have a bell, but I will call a loud "excuse me" or "coming through" and I always say thanks if someone moves over.

I am a firm believer in classes for kids at schools in PE for bike safety.
Just seems obvious to me and most other countries do it ..
Deleted User 728

kk_white wrote:People who think it's ok to be late for everything.
Just because they feel they don't need to be somewhere on time, they assume that no-one else cares either.
I know where I live it's a rural thing. I'm a city boy originally and still think punctuality is common decency, but maybe they're right and I'm wrong... :evil:
TOTALLY AGREE !!

It makes me SO MAD !
It's so disrespectful, like their time is more important than yours !

FFS :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I've had several girlfriends who've been like this and a couple of male friends who have forced me to tell them half an hour beforehand if we were doing something just to compensate.
One girlfriend in particular - who was so fussy about so many things in her life - would always use the kids as an excuse, saying that because I didn't have any I couldn't possibly know what it was like.

Bollocks.

I have plenty of other friends, male and female, who have children and none of them were ever late for anything and never used them as a reason if they occasionally were. With her, it was every single time and I'd be steaming by the time she got there (with anger, not alcohol) and she wondered why every single time.

It's just a lack of respect and I now won't even go out with anyone who does it.
It's a deal-breaker for me.

There are two kinds of people in life : those who are late habitually and those who are punctual. End of.
The other lot can do one.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

rigger wrote:There are two kinds of people in life : those who are late habitually and those who are punctual...
I've regularly been with the in-laws, ready for an appointment. It's a 15 minute journey say, so 20-25 mins beforehand I'm trying to leave.
They are all ready too, but insist on just sitting there, wondering what all the fuss is about.
They inevitably leave at the appointed time, meaning we're at least 15 mins late :evil: :evil: :evil:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Have to admit arriving somewhere late I all feel embarrassed. Our eldest is the worst if you want her at say 10:00 you tell her to be there at 09:20 then she will be on time.
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

The upcoming Royal wedding. I mean its just two people getting married isn't it?
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:The upcoming Royal wedding. I mean its just two people getting married isn't it?
Nah, She's quite famous :shh:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:The upcoming Royal wedding. I mean its just two people getting married isn't it?
Nah, She's quite famous :shh:
I’ll be watching, just to see how Harry looks in his ‘suits’ obviously :P
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 728

I'll be washing my hair that day ... all day if necessary.

Actually, I went to the forest on the day of Diana's funeral.

Up the republic !