Hotels

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Hotels

Post by NottinghamWhite »

We have decided to have a couple of days in York, sometime soon. I phoned a hotel we haven't used before but has amazing reviews on trip advisor & it's close to some restaurants we fancy trying out as well. Anyway all I got was an answer machine & left a message stating my phone number twice. They still haven't responded so I suppose they never will but I've penned an email & pinged it off, sounds technical that :D & if I don't hear anything within a couple of hours I'm going do a really bad review slating their amateurish behaviour. I wouldn't mind theirs website says phone us & ask as many questions as you like :roll:
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Re: Hotels

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Want me to ask my mate ??
He lived there for yonks ..
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Slightly off thread, but if Mrs B and I are looking for a two/three night break, we buy ourselves a hotel break from buy a gift or similar website. Generally, they offer some thing like 2 nights for the price of one with breakfast free.

There is the odd restriction with some of the hotels. so check beforehand if you have a specific hotel in mind, but it literally saves £100’s if you do it correctly.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

I've heard back they phoned me but no answer, untrue they tried to text me but it pinged straight back, untrue. I sent a email & no response so after 3 hours I contacted them again by email telling them I was doing a negative feedback post on trip advisor & low & behold they contact me telling me the receptionist had copied my number down wrongly :roll:

After I told the young man I wasn't happy the owners sent me another email
Were so sorry for your disappointing experience when trying to book with us, this is very much not the standard that we aim to achieve.

We apologise very much but it seems unfortunately out staff member took down your phone number incorrectly from your voicemail message on Saturday& when trying to call you back they received a recorded message saying that the phone was switched off. They then sent a follow up text message which bounced back. We're afraid that at this point they assumed that the number was incorrect.

We are very grateful that you have brought this to our attention & we have addressed this with the staff member involved who is kicking themselves for their mistake & would like us to pass on their personal apologies to you.

We are not sure what can have happened to your earlier email this afternoon as were afraid the one below is the first one we have received from you ( having checked both the inbox & 'junk' folder )

Once again we can only apologise that you had such a disappointing experience when trying to stay with us.
No offer of a discounted stay or anything like that, their trip advisor reviews are as follows...

Excellent - 649
Very Good - 60
Average - 6
Poor - 3
Terrible - 0

I believe that the email never came from the owners but the young man who phoned me, who I also believe was the same young man who ended up kicking himself :roll:
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

I wanted to surprise the other half afew years back by booking into the Hilton in Manchester and doing the Cloud23 bar for Valentines. Anyway to cut a long story short i've never experienced service like it. What i thought would be a easy booking turned into a nightmare. I was literally past from one department to another until someone finally hung up on me, needless to say we never went and probably never will. Appalling for such a big chain.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

NottinghamWhite wrote:I've heard back they phoned me but no answer, untrue they tried to text me but it pinged straight back, untrue. I sent a email & no response so after 3 hours I contacted them again by email telling them I was doing a negative feedback post on trip advisor & low & behold they contact me telling me the receptionist had copied my number down wrongly :roll:

After I told the young man I wasn't happy the owners sent me another email
Were so sorry for your disappointing experience when trying to book with us, this is very much not the standard that we aim to achieve.

We apologise very much but it seems unfortunately out staff member took down your phone number incorrectly from your voicemail message on Saturday& when trying to call you back they received a recorded message saying that the phone was switched off. They then sent a follow up text message which bounced back. We're afraid that at this point they assumed that the number was incorrect.

We are very grateful that you have brought this to our attention & we have addressed this with the staff member involved who is kicking themselves for their mistake & would like us to pass on their personal apologies to you.

We are not sure what can have happened to your earlier email this afternoon as were afraid the one below is the first one we have received from you ( having checked both the inbox & 'junk' folder )

Once again we can only apologise that you had such a disappointing experience when trying to stay with us.
No offer of a discounted stay or anything like that, their trip advisor reviews are as follows...

Excellent - 649
Very Good - 60
Average - 6
Poor - 3
Terrible - 0

I believe that the email never came from the owners but the young man who phoned me, who I also believe was the same young man who ended up kicking himself :roll:

Nw, I trust trip advisor now says Terrible - 1
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Sadly not, trip advisor claims my post has broken their rules :wtf:

Firstly let me say I'm not really in the habit of complaining but in this instance I feel more than justified. I phoned this hotel to enquire about booking a room for a 2 night midweek break but all I got was an answerphone. Fair enough I leave a message with my phone number, I actually repeated the number as it's easy to make an error. 48 hours later I've still heard nothing from the hotel so I decide to do an email and ping it off to them. Now this is where things become very unprofessional no response, no apology, no nothing. This hotel actually states on its website that it requests clients to book direct and not through some agency, how on earth is this possible when no one seems to want to communicate with you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Sadly not, trip advisor claims my post has broken their rules :wtf:
What a surprise !

That site's an absolute dog show and full of bogus reviews, as are most similar sites unfortunately.

Check this out for more examples - some of them are truly staggering !

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/ ... ea39e8cf97