Things your parents say/said

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: Things your parents say/said

Post by SMorientes »

My parents always had a whole load of weird answers to questions. The main one that still makes me laugh is (usually shouted pretty loudly):
Q: What's for tea?
A: Stale bread and sour beer!
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Another of me dads was "well I'll be a monkey's uncle" what's that all about :roll:
Winner of the Europa League
Spiderman
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Spiderman »

The Rothschild one reminds me of a tale my Mum used to tell.
John paul Getty snr got out of a taxi & paid his fair, the driver looked at the money & seeing it was the exact amount announced "the young Mr Getty usually gives a large tip" to which JPG snr replies "he can afford to he has a rich father"
Spiderman
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Spiderman »

A term often used by my third brother & me which seems exclusive to Leeds was "you're yitten" or "you're yitney" both meaning "you're scared"
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Off topic but the Rothschild story reminded me of Tommy Cooper how as he was getting out of a London cab slipped a tea bag in the drivers top pocket and said have a drink on me later :D
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

my dad used to say "it'll be a pigs foot in the morning" when referring to a slight cut or graze... go figure
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

I was sat at the table one morning and I spilt a cup of tea, which went all over my white underpants, leaving a big brown stain. My mum said, go and change your underpants, it looks like you have pooed your pants. I said ..... Ok mum, but ...... Being a ten year old lad, I just didn't bother. Later on that day I broke my leg playing footy and was rushed to A&E and when I took my pants off, there was the brown stained white undies. I said to the nurse embarrassingly, it's tea not poo, but I will always remember the look on her face, she thought I'd babbed me pants. Always listen to yer old mum.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
cheffy007
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by cheffy007 »

When I was little, if a storm was brewing and the sky went dark both my parents would say " looks a bit black over Bills mothers". No me neither.
For homemade pickles, chutneys and tomato ketchup, go to www.stuckinapickle.co.uk
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

The thing I remember most of my Mum's sayings is 'Just you wait till your Dad get's home'. It was always to me, never any of my siblings. :D
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Remember this mate ?? :D