Sporting cliches

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Sporting cliches

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:Couldn"t hit a cow"s arse with a banjo. Could apply to 90% of the attempts on goal in the World Cup which go about 10 yards over the bar and into row Z.
Now I've spent a bit of time in fields, some containing cows. Never have I seen someone attempt to hit one on the derriere with a stringed instrument !
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Davycc wrote:
johnh wrote:Couldn"t hit a cow"s arse with a banjo. Could apply to 90% of the attempts on goal in the World Cup which go about 10 yards over the bar and into row Z.
Now I've spent a bit of time in fields, some containing cows. Never have I seen someone attempt to hit one on the derriere with a stringed instrument !
:clap: :lol: :clap: Me Neither....
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

CorkWhite wrote:
Davycc wrote:
I don't know about you two, but I've spent a lot of time hanging out near the front of those big farm buildings waiting for some kind of acoustic plucker to turn up to test something else out, but they never do either ..
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

The manager is making a tactical substitution. OK so if a player gets hurt its not tactical to replace him with someone who can actually move?
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Davycc wrote:The manager is making a tactical substitution. OK so if a player gets hurt its not tactical to replace him with someone who can actually move?
Nah, come on, you know what that means : he's taking a player off (who may or may not be injured) to change the shape.
That's fair enough !
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

rigger wrote:
Davycc wrote:The manager is making a tactical substitution. OK so if a player gets hurt its not tactical to replace him with someone who can actually move?
Nah, come on, you know what that means : he's taking a player off (who may or may not be injured) to change the shape.
That's fair enough !
:D yeah true, just think its good tatics to take an injured player off as well :D . Not really in the spirit of the thread I suppose #fail :silent:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

"Not at the races"

What does that even mean ??
It doesn't make sense .. they're playing - albeit poorly - so they ARE at the event.
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by birkybullufc »

rigger wrote:"Not at the races"

What does that even mean ??
It doesn't make sense .. they're playing - albeit poorly - so they ARE at the event.
I think you may be taking it a bit literal. ;-)
May as well not be there playing that bad.
Follow the cause not the leaders.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

rigger wrote:
CorkWhite wrote:
Davycc wrote:
I don't know about you two, but I've spent a lot of time hanging out near the front of those big farm buildings waiting for some kind of acoustic plucker to turn up to test something else out, but they never do either ..
I saw Billy Paynter try it once, but he missed. :D
ilkley62
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by ilkley62 »

Columbia had a "Purple patch" tonight :D