Whitby Hotels etc

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Whitby Hotels etc

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Looking for a weekend stay in Whitby in November, anyone recommend good value hotels in the town please? Was considering the Wetherspoons one but it's expensive and doesn't look that special to me TBH.

Thanks
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Whitby Hotels etc

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Melrose Guest House is highly rated. Whatever you do don't stay at Hudsons. A must is Trenchers fish and chips, absolutely gorgeous. We enjoy going to Harry's Bar on Pier Road for a drink & the food looks decent.
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

The last time we spent a couple of nights in the town we stayed at Arundel House www.arundelhousehotel.co.uk

Agree with Trenchers without a doubt the best fish n chips ever.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Thanks guys, very helpful.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Another Northern Soul wrote:Thanks guys, very helpful.
No problems we love Whitby it's probably our favourite British seaside resort. There's actually loads of decent pubs & restaurants compared say to Scarborough. The abbey is worth a visit & the last time we were there Cook's replica Endeavour had just come 'home'
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:Thanks guys, very helpful.
No problems we love Whitby it's probably our favourite British seaside resort. There's actually loads of decent pubs & restaurants compared say to Scarborough. The abbey is worth a visit & the last time we were there Cook's replica Endeavour had just come 'home'
Yeah it's ace, been loads of times but not stayed there for a long long time. Robin Hood's Bay one of my faves too :thumbup:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I once played football against Whitby Town. FA Amateur Cup. Their ground is on the top of the cliffs by the sea. In spite of having covered stands on all sides of the pitch, the wind off the sea cut through you like a knife. That was in the early 1960's (February) and I think it was the hot summer of 1976 before I thawed out!
Have a great time ANS.
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

A local travel agent runs a luxury coach to Whitby once a year, always full months in advance but this year it clashes with something else. Great day out I'll miss it this year.