1st time to Leeds - advice where to go

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Leedspaddy2018
Giddy Kipper

1st time to Leeds - advice where to go

Post by Leedspaddy2018 »

A mate of mine is having his stag in Leeds in October. There will be about 15 of us. We will be going to a Leeds game but are trying to plan a night out after that. From my research so far I've picked out Akbars and Shababs as a suitable restaurant for a curry that would be amenable to a group of lads. Am I on the right track with those 2?

Where would be good for bars after this? We're all 30+, not hipsters, not Love Island wannabes and fairly respectable(I think!).

Also, where is good for drinking before the game? Cheers.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 1st time to Leeds - advice where to go

Post by Barlow Boy »

Leedspaddy2018 wrote:A mate of mine is having his stag in Leeds in October. There will be about 15 of us. We will be going to a Leeds game but are trying to plan a night out after that. From my research so far I've picked out Akbars and Shababs as a suitable restaurant for a curry that would be amenable to a group of lads. Am I on the right track with those 2?

Where would be good for bars after this? We're all 30+, not hipsters, not Love Island wannabes and fairly respectable(I think!).

Also, where is good for drinking before the game? Cheers.
I’m sure others will have a different opinion, but Akbars is by far the best curry place for me. Never been dissapointed in any of their establishments, and I’ve seen groups of lads in there without any bother.

Can’t comment on the bars afterwards, but there are several options around the ground depending on what you are looking for.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

+ 1 for Akbars, if only for their naans :D
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Is Tapped still there ??
Just down the alley from Akbars on the main street - great beer and they'd welcome a group your size and age.