Old Hands

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Old Hands

Post by Barlow Boy »

Can you tell when ACES was last on here SW, please ?.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Barlow Boy wrote:Can you tell when ACES was last on here SW, please ?.
9th August 2016
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Can you tell when ACES was last on here SW, please ?.
9th August 2016
Blimey, didn’t realise he hadn’t been around for that long, thanks NW :crazy:.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
The Johnson
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by The Johnson »

Hello all. Some great memories flooding back reading the names mentioned in this thread!

It's certainly been a while for me. I do pop in from time to time and 'catch up', reading through the posts.

I joined here as a young high school student who had nobody to talk to about my passion (lower league English football isn't super popular here in NZ) since then I have graduated from University, had three 'proper' jobs and, most importantly of all, made my pilgrimmage to Elland Road last year, seeing my first ever live Leeds game (a 1-0 win against Hull in December!)

There was no real reason that I left. When I finished moderating, I naturally drifted away, started focussing a bit more on Uni and work, then suddenly I would realise that I hadn't logged in for 6 months, or a year. I have nothing but great memories of this place, and I am so glad that it is still going strong, I might not be here everyday anymore, but the forum definitely still holds a special place in my heart!
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

The Johnson wrote:Hello all. Some great memories flooding back reading the names mentioned in this thread!

It's certainly been a while for me. I do pop in from time to time and 'catch up', reading through the posts.

I joined here as a young high school student who had nobody to talk to about my passion (lower league English football isn't super popular here in NZ) since then I have graduated from University, had three 'proper' jobs and, most importantly of all, made my pilgrimmage to Elland Road last year, seeing my first ever live Leeds game (a 1-0 win against Hull in December!)

There was no real reason that I left. When I finished moderating, I naturally drifted away, started focussing a bit more on Uni and work, then suddenly I would realise that I hadn't logged in for 6 months, or a year. I have nothing but great memories of this place, and I am so glad that it is still going strong, I might not be here everyday anymore, but the forum definitely still holds a special place in my heart!
Knew you'd be back so kept your pin in the map. Good to hear from you hope all is going well for you.

PS your'e missing some great competitions and craic.
Last edited by Davycc on 20 Oct 2018, 14:07, edited 1 time in total.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

The Johnson wrote:Hello all. Some great memories flooding back reading the names mentioned in this thread!

Welcome back John stick around :thumbup:
Winner of the Europa League
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Great to hear from you again. :thumbup:
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Good to see you post TJ, hope you stick around. Bet your happy with Wellington result over my team yesterday.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Ditto great to hear from you TJ
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Pecky10
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Pecky10 »

Some of us skulk occasionally :wave:

Work and real life (as well as previous LUFC administrations!) has taken many of us away, so although my active days are definitely far behind me, occasionally I pop on to catch up with the blah blah & general Talk news.

I've made some great friendships on here; met up with Ricardo de la Lepp & family, Ramseywhite & Bogdan prior to the Norwich away game - only Ramsey had a ticket for the away end :lol:

Also, met up with TJ when he made his pilgrimage from NZ with his lass in recent times.

Thanks to all for previous lovely comments - take care all :thumbup: