Old Hands

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Old Hands

Post by Davycc »

Just been thinking of when I first joined the forum,anyone know how some of the "old hands" are doing. Sheepy, Bogdan, Deebo, RamseyWhite, SMorientes and a poster who moved from the East Belfast area to Oz who used to be a regular poster who's last avatar was a crow (the number 72 rings a bell)
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Old Hands

Post by Mr Russell »

Well as i keep in contact with Deebo - he is living in the outskirts of Melbourne, doing well and are looking at catching up with him next year for an A League match (our teams are playing each other down there) and hopefully a Leeds live match. He does occasionally still visit on here and make comments, i'm sure he will say hello if he sees this.

The poster with the crow was Garper then changed his name to Big Leeds Fan 72, sadly i have lost contact with him, he left Australia a few years back after re-marrying his childhood sweetheart and last i heard he was living back in Northern Ireland in Bangor, real name was Gary. His 3 kids are all grown up and still live in my area around Newcastle.

Bogdan and Ramsey i did meet back in 2013 when i came over to the UK for a visit.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Mr Russell wrote:Well as i keep in contact with Deebo - he is living in the outskirts of Melbourne, doing well and are looking at catching up with him next year for an A League match (our teams are playing each other down there) and hopefully a Leeds live match. He does occasionally still visit on here and make comments, i'm sure he will say hello if he sees this.

The poster with the crow was Garper then changed his name to Big Leeds Fan 72, sadly i have lost contact with him, he left Australia a few years back after re-marrying his childhood sweetheart and last i heard he was living back in Northern Ireland in Bangor, real name was Gary. His 3 kids are all grown up and still live in my area around Newcastle.

Bogdan and Ramsey I did meet back in 2013 when i came over to the UK for a visit.
Cheer Mr Russell, Garper it was indeed and I remember the change of name too. I had heard he'd moved back "home" hope all is well with him. I visit his neck of the woods every week when visiting my daughter. I see Bogdan tweeting occasionally so he's still out there so to speak. Just funny how people come and go for different reasons.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Sheepy ( Graham ) is busy setting his own business up, Bogdan fell out of love with the net I think rarely see him on Facebook these days, RamseyWhite ( Phil ) just stopped posting, a shame because him & I had so much in common. SMorientes just disappeared & Deebo still does a bit behind the scenes. There's a few others such as 18longleeds, Aces, Mellor, The Johnson, Pecky10, SG90, USA for Leeds, Lee, StockportWhite, Donkyjote, Cadilacjukebox to name a few but all for reasons only known to themselves have gone.
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

A more recent poster who's not posted since March is One Eyed Thompson who was a really good poster.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

A lot of good posters there mentioned. Did meet up with Pecky back in 2013 on my last trip. Its a shame that some could not come back even for one post. I remember one when i joined called bloody joke who was a police officer from Sydney that was back in 2009.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Mr Russell wrote:A lot of good posters there mentioned. Did meet up with Pecky back in 2013 on my last trip. Its a shame that some could not come back even for one post. I remember one when i joined called bloody joke who was a police officer from Sydney that was back in 2009.

I remember bloody joke, Sheepy sent him the final score of a game when he was on a stakeout, sounded like a decent guy.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

I’ve noticed that people who post in the new members section tend not to post again, which is a shame
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I seem to remember a great poster from Oz, was it Aussie Elland Road? He went off around Oz with his family, never posted again.
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

ChilwellWhite wrote:I’ve noticed that people who post in the new members section tend not to post again, which is a shame
Agree the disappear act after one or two posts seems to be an high percentage.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.