Old Hands

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Old Hands

Post by NottinghamWhite »

johnh wrote:I seem to remember a great poster from Oz, was it Aussie Elland Road? He went off around Oz with his family, never posted again.
It was indeed, he posted photos of his travels around Australia which I enjoyed looking at, then just stopped. :roll: Another really nice guy had the pleasure of meeting him was MapleWhite who hasn't been on here since December 2013 almost 5 years ago. Tempus fugit.
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I see Bogdan every now and again at the games, I think he is a season ticket holder in the NW Corner. I also hear from Pecky, mainly on twitter now though, she has done exceptionally well in her profession, she was president of her industry organisation I believe.

I used to see Sheepy down at ER too, along with Mrs Sheepy, not seen him for a while, although I stay in touch with him on twitter.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Just noticed the reference to 18longleeds.

He started having a pint, or two, with us in the Pavilion before games, but now goes in the season ticket holders bar in the North Stand, I see him regularly at half time. Nice lad, I’ll mention the forum to him when I see him.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
johnh wrote:I seem to remember a great poster from Oz, was it Aussie Elland Road? He went off around Oz with his family, never posted again.
It was indeed, he posted photos of his travels around Australia which I enjoyed looking at, then just stopped. :roll: Another really nice guy had the pleasure of meeting him was MapleWhite who hasn't been on here since December 2013 almost 5 years ago. Tempus fugit.
Don't remember Tempus fugit, must have been before my time. :D
I once played against Don Revie.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
I remember seeing some photo's from Tasmania, but can't recall any others.
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:I see Bogdan every now and again at the games, I think he is a season ticket holder in the NW Corner. I also hear from Pecky, mainly on twitter now though, she has done exceptionally well in her profession, she was president of her industry organisation I believe.

I used to see Sheepy down at ER too, along with Mrs Sheepy, not seen him for a while, although I stay in touch with him on twitter.
Yes Pecky is doing really well, was over at the Titanic exhibit a few years ago I believe doing lighting. Was meant to get a pint but unfortunately it didn't work out. Think the lady took a bit of stick and decided to take a break... would love to see her and all the others mentioned back on.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

White Knight another good poster who just left, shame.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Think quite a few of the people mentioned still log on and read the forum occasionally.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

VHTM has disappeared.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

ChilwellWhite wrote:VHTM has disappeared.
Could be on holiday, last time he went away didn't post for a couple of weeks.
Was logged on 10th Oct.

So hopefully he will be back.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.