Pet Peeves - Get it off your chest!

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: Pet Peeves - Get it off your chest!

Post by johnh »

Must be one of those days! There is also the situation where you go to the Petrol Station to fill up, go in to pay and you are behind someone who doesn't have a car but is doing their weekly shop at the petrol station! :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

zigzag wrote:Women in supermarkets who insist on packing up all their shopping before then getting their money/card out of their purse to pay for it, Ladies when the checkout operator tells you the total hand over your payment method there and then and whilst that payment is being processed you can carry on packing away your shopping (and dont get me started on when they then have to rummage around for every voucher that they possess)
That really, really, really made me chuckle :clap: :clap: :clap:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote:Must be one of those days! There is also the situation where you go to the Petrol Station to fill up, go in to pay and you are behind someone who doesn't have a car but is doing their weekly shop at the petrol station! :shock:
That reminds me when you are waiting behind a car to fill up, they go into pay and only emerge 10 minutes later with bag fulls of shopping they’ve done whilst paying for their petrol.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Sniffer wrote:The use of "pinkie" to denote the smallest finger on a hand.
johnh wrote:Davy, surely you wouldn't want to put your 'pinkie' finger through the handle anyway? I always imagined you holding your cup with your 'pinkie' finger sticking out and up. :D
John at the minute it's 2nd finger along from my "pinkie" that's sticking up at the minute !!!!

:D :D
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Davycc wrote:
Sniffer wrote:The use of "pinkie" to denote the smallest finger on a hand.
johnh wrote:Davy, surely you wouldn't want to put your 'pinkie' finger through the handle anyway? I always imagined you holding your cup with your 'pinkie' finger sticking out and up. :D
John at the minute it's 2nd finger along from my "pinkie" that's sticking up at the minute !!!!

:D :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

johnh wrote:
zigzag wrote:Women in supermarkets who insist on packing up all their shopping before then getting their money/card out of their purse to pay for it, Ladies when the checkout operator tells you the total hand over your payment method there and then and whilst that payment is being processed you can carry on packing away your shopping (and dont get me started on when they then have to rummage around for every voucher that they possess)
And the women who wait until everything is done before rummaging in their bag for their purse, which always seems to take an age. Then, they insist on paying the exact amount in cash which results in further rummaging to find the exact coins. Then having failed to find the exact coins, they give coins that require change. The cashier gets the change and then the woman finds the exact coin and insists on taking the coin which required change back and hands over the 2p piece, or whatever. This further confuses things and adds further delay of several seconds. This has happened to me on a number of occasions. Its bad enough when you are next in the queue but sends me potty when I'm third or fourth! :crazy:
I had these posts written and ready to send, almost word for word...
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Major pet peeve - under-staffing...Everywhere you go, not enough staff...customers having to wait as the few staff that there are, that are on minimum wage, are either rushing around like poor headless chickens or calmly taking the normal amount of time, doing their jobs - as they should be allowed to do - and having to apologise all the time for the wait. Same as when you phone them up and you have to wait in a queue and listen to a recorded voice over and over again apologising for the wait.

Meanwhile the large corporations and companies that they work for are raking it in...
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Major pet peeve.

- Not being able to watch the national teams play international matches on free to air TV.

It really pees me off. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Frankie wrote:Major pet peeve.

- Not being able to watch the national teams play international matches on free to air TV.

It really pees me off. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Funnily enough here in Australia their games (both men and women) are shown live on fee to air TV, as i watched the ladies win 5-0 last Tuesday and the men played a 1-1 draw with South Korea on Saturday, but i understand your frustration Frankie.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Deliveries

Now in this day & age if you order something on line you usually (99% of the time ) receive a text or email telling you of a certain time that package is going to believed. We deal with one company where you can even track the driver. So why is it we end up taking so many bloody packages in for folk ? There's some ignorant folk who despite taking in packages for them still cross the road a couple of days later so as not to make eye contact. We now have a few that we won't take a package in for now & it's the delivery guy who suffers cos if he don't deliver he dosent get paid.
Winner of the Europa League