Physical Crime - stopping it !

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Physical Crime - stopping it !

Post by Davycc »

All crime is despicable but we all know there are varying degrees of it and reasons why some feel they are forced to commit it. This thread is about the crimes that really are the worst and what that actually is may vary from member to member so we can't single any out. Reading the "Evil in the world" thread made me think what needs to be done to reduce this happening, it won't stop, no crime ever will but what could be done to stop the likes of this and other serious offences. Has serious crime increased because the population has increased - it's just a numbers thing? Indeed has it actually increased or do we just have better media coverage? Has prison become less of a deterrent or indeed did the abolition of the death penalty have a impact? Do punishments need to be more severe, longer sentences, tougher conditions? Do we need to re-educate offenders more make them feel a part of society? Is it all the fault of upbringing or role models on TV?
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Physical Crime - stopping it !

Post by NottinghamWhite »

There's much more crime now than there ever was, I can when a murder would be front page headlines nationwide now you're lucky if it gets a column on page 4. I also believe our police officers should carry guns, for their own protection as much as anything, no one should go to work & never return home.
Winner of the Europa League
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

NottinghamWhite wrote:There's much more crime now than there ever was, I can when a murder would be front page headlines nationwide now you're lucky if it gets a column on page 4. I also believe our police officers should carry guns, for their own protection as much as anything, no one should go to work & never return home.
Yes, I can remember when a murder, anywhere in the country, would be front page news for days, if not weeks. As NW says, now its on page 96. I don't think the death penalty should be brought back and I think I would probably vote against in a poll but there is no doubt that it was a deterrent.
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:There's much more crime now than there ever was, I can when a murder would be front page headlines nationwide now you're lucky if it gets a column on page 4. I also believe our police officers should carry guns, for their own protection as much as anything, no one should go to work & never return home.
Yes, I can remember when a murder, anywhere in the country, would be front page news for days, if not weeks. As NW says, now its on page 96. I don't think the death penalty should be brought back and I think I would probably vote against in a poll but there is no doubt that it was a deterrent.
I would fully support arming every officer out on patrol we and I mean all the forces in the British Isles have fantastic men and women who I believe need more protection. Carrying a firearm is a massive responsibility but how many lives both public and forces could have been saved if a police officer had a firearm?
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I'm against it, myself.

I think once you go down that road there's no turning back.

The simple fact of the matter is there aren't enough resources and until that changes the situation will remain as it is.

I don't want to turn this into a political rant, but it's the same with every other "service" whether it's the NHS, transport (I won't use the term public because it really isn't anymore), the roads, education, the roads, sport, etc ..
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

rigger wrote:I'm against it, myself.

I think once you go down that road there's no turning back.

The simple fact of the matter is there aren't enough resources and until that changes the situation will remain as it is.

I don't want to turn this into a political rant, but it's the same with every other "service" whether it's the NHS, transport (I won't use the term public because it really isn't anymore), the roads, education, the roads, sport, etc ..
This one.