Game shows

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Game shows

Post by NottinghamWhite »

We're both big fans of Tipping Point & The Chase ( love it when Bradley Walsh loses it :D ) what's you're favourite ?
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Game shows

Post by NottinghamWhite »

From the past Charlie Williams with The Golden Shot ( preferred him to Bob Monkhouse ) & Bullseye with the wonderful Jim Bowen.
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Millionaire was great in the first few years before anyone won the jackpot.

Question Of Sport has always been a favourite of mine too, down the years. I don't mind the new incarnation as the captains really make the show, but the number of footballers on seems to have dwindled a bit, which is a shame from a personal point of view.

Blankety Blank was a good show too, under Terry Wogan's stewardship.

The Generation Game with Brucie the first time round was absolutely brilliant family entertainment.
The round when the contestants had to do or make something after what felt like ten seconds instruction was hilarious and everyone joined in on the conveyor belt bit :D
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

The Genetation Game with Larry Grayson, Strike it Lucky with Barrymore, when he used to interview the contestants I'd be in tears of laughter and finally Pointless the way Armstrong and Osman play off each other is very funny.

Can't stand Eggheads :twisted:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

rigger wrote:Millionaire was great in the first few years before anyone won the jackpot.

Question Of Sport has always been a favourite of mine too, down the years. I don't mind the new incarnation as the captains really make the show, but the number of footballers on seems to have dwindled a bit, which is a shame from a personal point of view.

Blankety Blank was a good show too, under Terry Wogan's stewardship.

The Generation Game with Brucie the first time round was absolutely brilliant family entertainment.
The round when the contestants had to do or make something after what felt like ten seconds instruction was hilarious and everyone joined in on the conveyor belt bit :D
Didn't The Generation Game finish when someone won the conveyor belt?
I once played against Don Revie.
ChilwellWhite

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Supermarket Sweep :D
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

johnh wrote:
Didn't The Generation Game finish when someone won the conveyor belt?
:lolno:
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

I`m sure someone will come up with the answer, there was a football game show back in sixties I think that was hosted by David Coleman, I cant remember the name but recall that there was 4 different grades of questions that you got 1 to 4 points for, which I think let you move the ball on a lit up pitch, a bit vague I know, but it was a long time ago.
ChilwellWhite

Post by ChilwellWhite »

LAsouthcoast wrote:I`m sure someone will come up with the answer, there was a football game show back in sixties I think that was hosted by David Coleman, I cant remember the name but recall that there was 4 different grades of questions that you got 1 to 4 points for, which I think let you move the ball on a lit up pitch, a bit vague I know, but it was a long time ago.
Sorry only remember him as a Quiz Master in a Question of Sport.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Going for Gold and 15 to 1.

Being serious it would have to be BlockBusters. Its the only one that my intellect could cope with, and that was because they gave you the first letter to the answer. :shh: