Imagine another Brexit referendum : how would you vote now ?

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC

How would you vote ?

1. Remain
48%
2. Leave
52%

Total votes: 27

NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Imagine another Brexit referendum : how would you vote n

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Thought the vote might have been closer if I'm honest.
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

First time around I voted stay.

Now I would vote leave simply because I believe in democracy and that was the result.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Selby White wrote:First time around I voted stay.

Now I would vote leave simply because I believe in democracy and that was the result.

Woah, hold on a second there ..
What about all the general elections ?
Do you automatically vote for the party that won the last one using that logic ??

No.

You have a choice.
Exercise it.
Don't worry about what other people think or vote - this is your personal opinion that you're expressing through your democratic right.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

rigger wrote:

Do you automatically vote for the party that won the last one using that logic ??

No.

You have a choice. - I had a choice
Exercise it. - I did and my side lost so I accept it

Don't worry about what other people think or vote - this is your personal opinion that you're expressing through your democratic right.

No totally different the general election comes around every 4 years or so, that is the system. I vote for whoever i decide is best at the time.

A referendum is just that, a democratic decision on a given subject by the people. Whether that be Brexit or Scottish Independce (to name the last two) I feel the decision should stand for a serious period of time or at least until the origional peoples choice is given a chance.

What if we have another referendum and we decide to stay, do we go to the best of three a few month down the road.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

We'll have to agree to disagree.

When a referendum has been engineered using illegal funds and a campaign designed to mislead the public, I think it's the government's moral duty to offer it again and we should be free to vote accordingly.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

If there is to be a second referendum i may not even vote tbf. What's the point? the people voted in record numbers to leave the EU. That was in spite of all the big think tanks, the BOE, the Governments own propaganda leaflet, and George Osbourne and his so called punishment budget. The truth is imo, even tho the houses of Parliament voted in favor 6-1 to let the people make a decision through direct democracy, they were never expecting to lose and now its becoming quite clear the remain MP's (the majority) will vote down any deal the Government come up with. The only thing that will command a majority is another referendum, quite rightly now being called a Losers vote.

When you are asked to vote in a once in a generation referendum, and then told by people who don't like the result you may have to vote again, even tho the first vote has still not been enacted, makes a mockery of the whole Parliamentary process imo. I'm sorry to say that my first foray into Politics during the last 3 years has confirmed what my dad always used to say. Politicians are a elitist, London centric, self serving bunch of hypocrites. And then like magic, out pops Tony Blair from the undergrowth, you couldn't make it up
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

rigger wrote:We'll have to agree to disagree.

When a referendum has been engineered using illegal funds and a campaign designed to mislead the public, I think it's the government's moral duty to offer it again and we should be free to vote accordingly.
Bit emotive that Rigger. Let's look at some facts. The referendum was called by a Remainer (Cameron) not by Leavers. The Government, led by Cameron, spent almost £10m sending a propaganda leaflet to every home (Leave was amateur in comparison). They also enlisted the help of the Treasury, The Bank of England, the Civil Service, the BBC etc., etc., where new records were set with project fear misinformation and fake news. The only area they didn't hold sway was the press where the balance of power was with Leave. What I would like to know is: what happens if Remain won a second referendum? Leave aren't going to accept the result, are they going to be accused of being undemocratic. :shock: Without the Governments propaganda and misinformation, the Leave result would have been over 60%. I think Leave would win again (particularly as Blair has become the face of a second referendum) but there is no chance of one happening.
I once played against Don Revie.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

johnh wrote:
rigger wrote:We'll have to agree to disagree.

Bit emotive that Rigger. Let's look at some facts. The referendum was called by a Remainer (Cameron) not by Leavers. The Government, led by Cameron, spent almost £10m sending a propaganda leaflet to every home (Leave was amateur in comparison). They also enlisted the help of the Treasury, The Bank of England, the Civil Service, the BBC etc., etc., where new records were set with project fear misinformation and fake news. The only area they didn't hold sway was the press where the balance of power was with Leave. What I would like to know is: what happens if Remain won a second referendum? Leave aren't going to accept the result, are they going to be accused of being undemocratic. :shock: Without the Governments propaganda and misinformation, the Leave result would have been over 60%. I think Leave would win again (particularly as Blair has become the face of a second referendum) but there is no chance of one happening.
Well put that John, I wish I could explain things like that.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Selby White wrote:
rigger wrote:

No.

You have a choice. - I had a choice
Exercise it. - I did and my side lost so I accept it

No totally different the general election comes around every 4 years or so, that is the system. I vote for whoever i decide is best at the time.

A referendum is just that, a democratic decision on a given subject by the people. Whether that be Brexit or Scottish Independce (to name the last two) I feel the decision should stand for a serious period of time or at least until the origional peoples choice is given a chance.

What if we have another referendum and we decide to stay, do we go to the best of three a few month down the road.
Agree SW, both remain and leave politicians failed to explain the consequences adequately to the people. Europe doesn't seem to be to rosy at the moment and in my opinion, for what it`s worth, the unrest will escalate.
Grumpy
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by Grumpy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:Can't vote tomorrow, got hospital appointment.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

That's gone right over my 'ead :roll:
Imagine that :)