Imagine another Brexit referendum : how would you vote now ?

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC

How would you vote ?

1. Remain
48%
2. Leave
52%

Total votes: 27

MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: Imagine another Brexit referendum : how would you vote n

Post by MOT1964 »

BrighouseWhite wrote:
ChilwellWhite wrote:
Wigan White wrote:
PockWhite wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Leave the same as I voted first time round.
x2.

x5
x 6 ......... or maybe x 13 judging by the poll :D
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

The Civil Service have announced that it will take over a year to organise a second referendum.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

There is a growing call for people not to vote in a second referendum. I've decided i will join that call if the Remainers in parliament call for one. The fact that Blair & Osbourne are out in Davos promoting the idea among the most wealthy individuals on earth, Inclines me to think the whole idea of a legally binding second referendum is a establishment stitch-up. They can stick one where the sun don't shine.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:There is a growing call for people not to vote in a second referendum. I've decided i will join that call if the Remainers in parliament call for one. The fact that Blair & Osbourne are out in Davos promoting the idea among the most wealthy individuals on earth, Inclines me to think the whole idea of a legally binding second referendum is a establishment stitch-up. They can stick one where the sun don't shine.
.. er .. how would that work, exactly ?
Not to vote, I mean.

Surely the remainers would walk it then ?

All this stuff about the original vote being respected is garbage as far as I'm concerned.
You can change your mind about stuff and it's nearly three years on, isn't it ?

How many times in your lives have you voted for a different party ?
If you can change your mind about that, you can change your mind about Brexit.

(Note I didn't add any comments about being lied to, either)
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

No way should Leaver's boycott a second referendum vote. Now that the likes of Blair and Mandelson have come out of the woodwork and are backing a second referendum, Leave will get an increased majority.
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

As I've said many times I've no real intrest in politics or politicians ( they're all as bad as one another ) but from what I've gathered the exit vote was mainly a silver vote. My wife & I both opted to leave & have both said that if there's another vote we won't bother, I know that's playing into the remainers hands but hey ho. 10 years ago or maybe a bit longer we did a touring holiday of Bulgaria & there were all these factories springing up under the EU flag, Bulgaria weren't even members at that time. An honest question we seem to put an awful lot of money in but what do we get out that we can't have as an exiter ?

This was a party political broadcast on behalf of I know nowt about politics party :D
Winner of the Europa League
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

johnh wrote:No way should Leaver's boycott a second referendum vote. Now that the likes of Blair and Mandelson have come out of the woodwork and are backing a second referendum, Leave will get an increased majority.
Spot on.

This is exactly what happened three years ago once Blair and, in particular, Obama became involved in the first referendum.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36117907
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

How many times do people have to vote? When you are told this is a once in a generation vote, and your decision will be implemented. What is the point? Like NW most of my friends and my other-half hate politics but got of their arses to vote because of the significance of what they were told, to be then told that their vote doesn't count and they may need to vote again, come on it makes a mockery of the whole referendum.

Who is calling for another referendum? I've not heard one leave voter say they want another referendum. So why should it happen? Its all been about spinning the lies that we have heard being peddled for the last 3 years about medicines, planes, fuel and food and into bamboozling the general public into thinking the status-quo is the only safe option. I have even heard the ridicules idea (again peddled by mainly remainers) of a peoples assembly where probably around 100 carefully selected people will get to speak on behalf of 17.4m people. Its just sounding desperate.

Again i blame Theresa May for the way she has conducted the whole process. How the hell she thought by running the clock down with her deal she could somehow solve Brexit, when its clear that 2/3rds of parliamentarians are in favour of remain is beyond me? Personally i hope there is a very low referendum turnout this time and when the result is called i hope the Remainers can look themselves in the mirror and finally say we got what we want.

Watch any Politics show, or the news, and watch for the reaction of remainers when they are questioned about what should be the question. Watch how twitchy they get when someone suggests it should be May's deal, or no deal only on the paper. They react as if Armageddon is on its way. Remain has to be on the paper or they probably wouldn't take part.

So my fellow leavers if you feel you need to speak again and give the establishment your final answer. I admire your tenacity, but they have already had my time and answer. If they are unwilling to listen then i'm afraid that's not my problem.
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

The problem I have with another referendum is the different options on which to vote. If there are 3 options: vote with a deal, vote without a deal or Remain, the chances are the leave vote will get split and the remain vote will win, This is how the remain MPs are trying to thwart our exit and get what they want.

As we have already had the vote to leave or remain, the only options should be if we leave either with or without a deal.
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

VHTM wrote: Watch any Politics show, or the news, and watch for the reaction of remainers when they are questioned about what should be the question. Watch how twitchy they get when someone suggests it should be May's deal, or no deal only on the paper. They react as if Armageddon is on its way. Remain has to be on the paper or they probably wouldn't take part.

Seems I'm kind of repeating what you said but you posted while I was writing
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.