Imagine another Brexit referendum : how would you vote now ?

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC

How would you vote ?

1. Remain
48%
2. Leave
52%

Total votes: 27

Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: Imagine another Brexit referendum : how would you vote n

Post by Sniffer »

Selby White wrote:
blackpool white wrote:
yet 3 years ago we voted 52/48
So what was the point of this so called democratic vote?
The point of it was for David Cameron to nullify UKIP and the Tory Eurosceptics. It was an attempt to put to bed once and for all the rift in the Tory party that has been dogging the Conservatives since the 70s. This was nothing to do with National Politics it was all to do with internal party politics. The fact that the Cameron/Osborne/Johnson Generation had acted with such supercilious arrogance whilst in Government had got a lot of peoples backs up and the resulting referendum was used by many as a protest vote.

Probably.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Selby White wrote:
rigger wrote:
blackpool white wrote:last week the pm lost a vote by 70% to 30%, yet next week we have a second vote on the same issue.

yet 3 years ago we voted 52/48 and yet the people are denied the opportunity to reconsider.

There is a very simple reason why leavers dont want another vote - they know they will lose, currently the polls show 56% remain.....so it could be said that we are being dragged out of europe against our current will....how is that democracy?

Plus, we apparently passed the "generational vote" day last week because several of the older voters will have passed away since the referendum and have been replaced by younger remainers.
And there is me thinking voting was a private thing, not sure its right to assume those that have died since the original democratic vote was in the leave camp.
No, but statistically the leave vote was from an older demographic and remain was from a younger one. It is possible, of course, that everyone who passed away since the 2016 vote was remainer and everyone who has since reached the age of majority is a leaver but statistics suggest otherwise. However before you get to statistics you apparently have to wade through both lies and damned lies.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Sniffer wrote:
Selby White wrote:
rigger wrote:
blackpool white wrote:last week the pm lost a vote by 70% to 30%, yet next week we have a second vote on the same issue.

yet 3 years ago we voted 52/48 and yet the people are denied the opportunity to reconsider.

There is a very simple reason why leavers dont want another vote - they know they will lose, currently the polls show 56% remain.....so it could be said that we are being dragged out of europe against our current will....how is that democracy?

Plus, we apparently passed the "generational vote" day last week because several of the older voters will have passed away since the referendum and have been replaced by younger remainers.
And there is me thinking voting was a private thing, not sure its right to assume those that have died since the original democratic vote was in the leave camp.
No, but statistically the leave vote was from an older demographic and remain was from a younger one. It is possible, of course, that everyone who passed away since the 2016 vote was remainer and everyone who has since reached the age of majority is a leaver but statistics suggest otherwise. However before you get to statistics you apparently have to wade through both lies and damned lies.
Lies and more lies can agree with that when it comes to politics :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

This is why democracy is not working in western countries. You vote for something to happen and if the government don't like the result they spend a lot of money and bide their time to switch the opposition back in their favor. This is why this world is so messed up. I blame the Rothschilds and other controlling illuminate, free masons and the Queen herself. They don't get what they want they just go again and again until they get it.

Were living in a very corrupt and devious times people. have you ever wondered why the doomsday clock is at its closest to 12:00? its because of the overall politics in the world isn't genuine politics. its child'splay and the toys are the innocent folks who work hard as slaves to these chess masters.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

CorkWhite wrote:This is why democracy is not working in western countries. You vote for something to happen and if the government don't like the result they spend a lot of money and bide their time to switch the opposition back in their favor. This is why this world is so messed up. I blame the Rothschilds and other controlling illuminate, free masons and the Queen herself. They don't get what they want they just go again and again until they get it.

Were living in a very corrupt and devious times people. have you ever wondered why the doomsday clock is at its closest to 12:00? its because of the overall politics in the world isn't genuine politics. its child'splay and the toys are the innocent folks who work hard as slaves to these chess masters.

You are not wrong!

Supported by a corrupt media, lies are the only truth we are allowed to hear.
blackpool white
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by blackpool white »

johnh wrote:

I expect you would also call leavers 'undemocratic' if they refused to accept a second referendum result. :shock: Best of 3, 5, 7,?
do you recall that heady day at er when we gloriously went out of the champions league while beating stuttgart 4-1?
later it was pointed out that stuttgart broke the rules and so eufa ordered the match to be replayed.
vote leave campaign broke the rules so for that reason alone the referendum should be rerun.

its not a matter of best out of 3 or 5 or whatever, its about what the people want today, not what they wanted 3 years ago or 33 years, but what they want now. If the electorate still want to leave then they may vote to leave still, nobody forces them to change their mind.

The latest poll shows 56% now want to remain....could they be wrong? yes, unlikely, but yes.......so how do we find out if they are right or not? Lets ask the people.

another football anaology for you, we played norwich a few months back and beat them 3-0 why should we need to play them again?

We had an general election in 2017 so why bother to have another? let tm stay pm for next 20 years......the electorate are in fact always changing their minds in the general elections....surely brexit is more important and the people need the option to change their mind.....once we leave, getting back in will be filled with preconditions, such as ditching the pound and being part of schengen.

Come on Mrs May, airbus are threatening to leave the uk, making 120,000 jobless, do you really want to destroy our country? We have changed our minds stop trying to force us out against our will
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

blackpool white wrote:
johnh wrote:

I expect you would also call leavers 'undemocratic' if they refused to accept a second referendum result. :shock: Best of 3, 5, 7,?
do you recall that heady day at er when we gloriously went out of the champions league while beating stuttgart 4-1?
later it was pointed out that stuttgart broke the rules and so eufa ordered the match to be replayed.
vote leave campaign broke the rules so for that reason alone the referendum should be rerun.

its not a matter of best out of 3 or 5 or whatever, its about what the people want today, not what they wanted 3 years ago or 33 years, but what they want now. If the electorate still want to leave then they may vote to leave still, nobody forces them to change their mind.

The latest poll shows 56% now want to remain....could they be wrong? yes, unlikely, but yes.......so how do we find out if they are right or not? Lets ask the people.

another football anaology for you, we played norwich a few months back and beat them 3-0 why should we need to play them again?

We had an general election in 2017 so why bother to have another? let tm stay pm for next 20 years......the electorate are in fact always changing their minds in the general elections....surely brexit is more important and the people need the option to change their mind.....once we leave, getting back in will be filled with preconditions, such as ditching the pound and being part of schengen.

Come on Mrs May, airbus are threatening to leave the uk, making 120,000 jobless, do you really want to destroy our country? We have changed our minds stop trying to force us out against our will

Great post.

Without even getting into the lies about the NHS funding, the funding for the leave campaign itself was illegal anyway so the result should be rescinded and a new referendum offered.

I still believe we will remain in Europe.
I chuffing well hope so too.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

If there is another referendum, and the remoaners win, I’m never, ever voting again, what’s the point when the politicians just ignore the democratic vote and just do what they want anyway ?.

Any politician knocking on my door will be told to f*ck right off my property, and never bother me again.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
blackpool white
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by blackpool white »

Barlow Boy wrote:If there is another referendum, and the remoaners win, I’m never, ever voting again, what’s the point when the politicians just ignore the democratic vote and just do what they want anyway ?.

Any politician knocking on my door will be told to f*ck right off my property, and never bother me again.
ignored? did you say ignored?

theresa may's government has spent the last 2 years in chaos trying to achieve what the public wanted. god knows, nothing else has been talked about.

If you get engaged to somebody, but then things dont pan out the way you thought, are you allowed to change your mind? of course you are.

sorry darling, dont want to marry you anymore

now hang on i asked you 3 years ago and you agreed, cannot change your mind now.

how ridiculous!

Parliament is duty bound to do what the people want now, not what they wanted in 2016 or 1976, or 1554, but today, 2019. And today, 2019, the people do not want to leave the eu, but they are being forced to by a pm who does not listen based on votes made by dead people 3 years ago. Do the 20 year olds of today not deserve a say......for God's sake woman give them a say.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just saying if there was another vote & again the brexiters won what would happen then ? Just thinking out loud here...
Winner of the Europa League