Imagine another Brexit referendum : how would you vote now ?

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC

How would you vote ?

1. Remain
48%
2. Leave
52%

Total votes: 27

MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: Imagine another Brexit referendum : how would you vote n

Post by MOT1964 »

Barlow Boy wrote:If there is another referendum, and the remoaners win, I’m never, ever voting again, what’s the point when the politicians just ignore the democratic vote and just do what they want anyway ?.

Any politician knocking on my door will be told to f*ck right off my property, and never bother me again.
Precisely, and the reason that a second referendum will not take place.
blackpool white
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by blackpool white »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Just saying if there was another vote & again the brexiters won what would happen then ? Just thinking out loud here...
depends whether the winner is to leave with tm's deal or without a deal. either way that would happen immediately
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

blackpool white wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:If there is another referendum, and the remoaners win, I’m never, ever voting again, what’s the point when the politicians just ignore the democratic vote and just do what they want anyway ?.

Any politician knocking on my door will be told to f*ck right off my property, and never bother me again.
ignored? did you say ignored?

theresa may's government has spent the last 2 years in chaos trying to achieve what the public wanted. god knows, nothing else has been talked about.

If you get engaged to somebody, but then things dont pan out the way you thought, are you allowed to change your mind? of course you are.

sorry darling, dont want to marry you anymore

now hang on i asked you 3 years ago and you agreed, cannot change your mind now.

how ridiculous!

Parliament is duty bound to do what the people want now, not what they wanted in 2016 or 1976, or 1554, but today, 2019. And today, 2019, the people do not want to leave the eu, but they are being forced to by a pm who does not listen based on votes made by dead people 3 years ago. Do the 20 year olds of today not deserve a say......for God's sake woman give them a say.
The actual result will not be carried through, so in effect it has been ignored. It’s not the people who voted leave fault, that Theresa May and her government has completely messed it up. Whether you like it not, the country voted to leave, and that’s what we should do, had the country voted to remain then that’s what we should do too (and for the record, I would have accepted it, and not bleated on about changing the result for 2 years).

As for Parliament doing what people want now, then in two years, and most want to leave, we have to go through the whole process again, it would be never ending.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

blackpool white wrote:
johnh wrote:
blackpool white wrote:last week the pm lost a vote by 70% to 30%, yet next week we have a second vote on the same issue.

yet 3 years ago we voted 52/48 and yet the people are denied the opportunity to reconsider.

There is a very simple reason why leavers dont want another vote - they know they will lose, currently the polls show 56% remain.....so it could be said that we are being dragged out of europe against our current will....how is that democracy?
I expect you would also call leavers 'undemocratic' if they refused to accept a second referendum result. :shock: Best of 3, 5, 7,?
do you recall that heady day at er when we gloriously went out of the champions league while beating stuttgart 4-1?
later it was pointed out that stuttgart broke the rules and so eufa ordered the match to be replayed.
vote leave campaign broke the rules so for that reason alone the referendum should be rerun.

its not a matter of best out of 3 or 5 or whatever, its about what the people want today, not what they wanted 3 years ago or 33 years, but what they want now. If the electorate still want to leave then they may vote to leave still, nobody forces them to change their mind.

The latest poll shows 56% now want to remain....could they be wrong? yes, unlikely, but yes.......so how do we find out if they are right or not? Lets ask the people.

another football anaology for you, we played norwich a few months back and beat them 3-0 why should we need to play them again?

We had an general election in 2017 so why bother to have another? let tm stay pm for next 20 years......the electorate are in fact always changing their minds in the general elections....surely brexit is more important and the people need the option to change their mind.....once we leave, getting back in will be filled with preconditions, such as ditching the pound and being part of schengen.

Come on Mrs May, airbus are threatening to leave the uk, making 120,000 jobless, do you really want to destroy our country? We have changed our minds stop trying to force us out against our will
There are some rather strained analogies there blackpool white. Let's look at some facts. At the time of the referendum, David Cameron said that the result would be implemented. At the last election, both Tory and Labour manifesto's made commitments to leave the EU. Everything you suggest is undemocratic. End of.
I once played against Don Revie.
blackpool white

so forcing us to leave when 56% of the electorate want to stay is democratic, yet doing what the people want is undemocratic? hope you dont teach english mate
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

blackpool white wrote:so forcing us to leave when 56% of the electorate want to stay is democratic, yet doing what the people want is undemocratic? hope you dont teach english mate
Yawn. :crazy:
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

blackpool white wrote:so forcing us to leave when 56% of the electorate want to stay is democratic, yet doing what the people want is undemocratic? hope you dont teach english mate
I must have been in a timewarp or something. There was me thinking that Blackpool voted by 67.5% to leave. I haven't seen any movement, or protest rallying calls locally to suggest anybody has changed their mind? If anything the intransigence shown by the EU on the backstop issue in particular, is emboldening people to leave with no deal.

I saw a poll conducted through Sky earlier in the week that suggested 28% of people would now prefer to leave with no deal. That was the highest percentage of all the options available including a 2nd Referendum. It all depends where you get your information from.
blackpool white

look, these figures come from yougov, the singlest most respected poll in the country.

A new YouGov poll reveals 56 per cent of voters would choose Remain if given the chance in a fresh referendum. Only 44 per cent said they would vote Leave. The 12-point lead for Remain is a big increase from eight points at the end of last year, and will be seen as evidence that voters are losing confidence in Brexit.

just because some dont like the result doesnt mean its wrong

read the full report https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politic ... LWD4x65TOg

take a look at all the demos outside westminster.....this is starting to look like the poll tax riots of the 80's .

THE PEOPLE WILL NOT BE IGNORED
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

blackpool white wrote: just because some dont like the result doesnt mean its wrong
I think you’ve just summed it up there pal, the country voted to leave.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
blackpool white

and the leeds board wanted heckingbottam for manager. just 1 year ago..but guess what? they changed their mind and sacked him, it happens....now we are top of the league with a different man at the helm, get over it will you, the polls clearly show a majority 3 times that what leave got now wanting to remain.....yes polls can be wrong, but there is only one way to find out now isnt there?