Imagine another Brexit referendum : how would you vote now ?

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC

How would you vote ?

1. Remain
48%
2. Leave
52%

Total votes: 27

PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Imagine another Brexit referendum : how would you vote n

Post by PockWhite »

The country has had a vote on this issue, the majority who voted voted to leave. We should leave, that's democracy isn't it? Get over it.
It's up to our 'leaders' (elected by us) to take the country out, as per the will of the people.
If they make a dog's breakfast of it they'll answer to the electorate at the next election. That's also democracy isn't it?
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

This thread is going round and round in circles now.

I don't think there's much point in leaving it open as the issue splits the country down the middle, let alone this board.

If anyone has any major objections to it being locked let us know in here, but otherwise I'll shut it down in a day or two ...
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

rigger wrote:
If anyone has any major objections to it being locked let us know in here, but otherwise I'll shut it down in a day or two ...
Can we have a vote on it please ?

No close away AFAIC
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

I think the Moderators should risk unpopularity (and derision from just over half the members) and revoke this thread immediately. This should be followed by a cross-admin working party to see if it could be brought back in a workable manner in the future.
blackpool white
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by blackpool white »

whatever peoples viewpoint......may is in a corner with a deal that she cant get through (the only deal) which is hardly leaving the eu in any case. A no deal scenarion is almost unthinkable, so how can she possibly escape without calling a second referendum?

seems to me that parliament does not have a majority for anything including second referendum.....so its either scare them into voting for her deal, which can hardly please the leavers, leave without a deal or another referendum. to get a second referendum would need either the labour party or the tories to support it.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

blackpool white wrote:whatever peoples viewpoint......may is in a corner with a deal that she cant get through (the only deal) which is hardly leaving the eu in any case. A no deal scenarion is almost unthinkable, so how can she possibly escape without calling a second referendum?

seems to me that parliament does not have a majority for anything including second referendum.....so its either scare them into voting for her deal, which can hardly please the leavers, leave without a deal or another referendum. to get a second referendum would need either the labour party or the tories to support it.
If the country votes to leave in a second referendum then we're still left with the two options in your first paragraph - an "unthinkable" no deal or a deal that is leaving in name only. Which is the rock and which is the hard place? If we vote to stay, a sizable minority will be deeply disgruntled - and who can blame them?
blackpool white
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by blackpool white »

the referendum will decide which of those options gets the majority.

whatever the outcome the result will be implemented immediately as parliament must ratify what the people want today.

the problem today is that may is trying to deliver what the people wanted 3 years ago. In a general election the winner is immediately declared the prime minister and does not have to wait 3 years for it to be negotiated.

I suppose its a bit like buying a house. You see a house that you absolutely fall in love with. Then the survey picks up serious faults and the mortgage company reduce their offer and you are short of money.....what do you do? i guess you go back to the vendor and try to renogitatate the price, if you cannot agree you do not buy the house.

I feel that is what has happened with the referendum, people love the idea of leaving, but now the stark reality hits, many people change their mind and realise that the price of leaving is just simply too high, those people were not aware the price was too high 3 years ago as no-one knew the price, but they do now and should not be held to a decision taken in ignorance 3 years ago.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Yeah close it :D :lol: :lol:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

See what I mean ?

If you want to start a new thread on Brexit, go ahead, but this one has run it's course.