Is it wrong ?

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: Is it wrong ?

Post by johnh »

Mr Russell wrote:I like my chips/scraps to be drowned in vinegar and salt, anything else added is a travesty ;)

One of the very few things i miss not living in the UK is some proper fish and chips, just not the same here. We did once have a British Fish & Chip shop here and the owners were from Hull who supported Leeds, sadly they have gone :(
I also miss decent fish and chips and I'm only down sarf. Our local chippie is not too bad (run by a couple from Malaysia!) but the best of a bad lot. West Yorkshire fish and chips are the best ever. Gravy should only be used when chips are part of a main meal. Otherwise, salt and vinegar ONLY. Chip butty on white bread with butter. Chips must be piping hot so that they melt the butter and should also be sprinkled with salt and vinegar, (plus glass of red.) :D
I once played against Don Revie.
cheffy007
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by cheffy007 »

Having scoured my well used copy of Escoffier (all 1223 pages) i cannot find a recipe for tomato ketchup, therefor I conclude that the great man would not have ruined the humble chip butty with ketchup.
Although he may have added sauce tomate to his pomme fritte petit pain.
For homemade pickles, chutneys and tomato ketchup, go to www.stuckinapickle.co.uk
cheffy007
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by cheffy007 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Davycc wrote:Chip butty, real butter, plain bread salt and ketchup.

That is so wrong on so many counts. Please confirm @cheffy007 would Escoffier have included ketchup on a simple chip butty :roll:
Having scoured my well used copy of Escoffier (all 1223 pages) i cannot find a recipe for tomato ketchup, therefor I conclude that the great man would not have ruined the humble chip butty with ketchup.
Although he may have added sauce tomate to his pomme fritte petit pain.
For homemade pickles, chutneys and tomato ketchup, go to www.stuckinapickle.co.uk
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

We have a decent fish and chip shop near us Georges but they're nowhere up to the standard of similar establishments in Scarborough or Whitby.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Gravy n Chips oh aye eh. Throw a steak pudding in there and i'm in obesity heaven. :shifty:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Gravy n Chips oh aye eh. Throw a steak pudding in there and i'm in obesity heaven. :shifty:
Steak pudding ?
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Davycc wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Gravy n Chips oh aye eh. Throw a steak pudding in there and i'm in obesity heaven. :shifty:
Steak pudding ?
Aye. One of them upside down pies. No pastry just suet. Where's Wigan White when you need him. :D
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
Davycc wrote:
Steak pudding ?
Aye. One of them upside down pies. No pastry just suet. Where's Wigan White when you need him. :D
And there was me thinking we had a fat rich diet :D :D
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Davycc wrote:
Steak pudding ?
Steak pudding????

Oh, you mean a "babbies yed"

Better if it's steak and kidney.

Bloody fantastic. :thumbup:
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Wigan White wrote:
Davycc wrote:
Steak pudding ?
Steak pudding????

Oh, you mean a "babbies yed"

Better if it's steak and kidney.

Bloody fantastic. :thumbup:
Recipe, pleeeeease
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay