Confusion on 'Yorkshire'

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Confusion on 'Yorkshire'

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Recently Southwest Airlines had to apologise after a member of their staff mocked a 5 year old girl because of her name, Abcde pronounced ab-si-dee. I'd like to see 'em mock my mate from Cleckheaton al-si-thee there would be a few bloodied nose I'll tell ya.
Winner of the Europa League
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Maybe we should rename them all East Lancashire. :D
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Otherworld »

I’m as confused as anyone!

I was born in Hull, Yorkshire in 1964, then my family moved to Grimsby, Lincs a few years later.

As a nipper, I was often hailed at the school gates with that traditional greeting ‘Get him, he’s a Yorkie!’. I always gave the traditional reply of ‘Come on then, yer Yellerbelly bastards!’

Anyway, at the age of 9, we all became one, united under the flag of Humberside. Didn’t stop the fights though, I was still a proud Yorkie, with 2 Yellerbelly brothers.

And when the family later moved to Cornwall, we were all Emmets - Northerners United!
daib0
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by daib0 »

wow, some stories there. :thumbup: :clap:

So then ... what'd be best for the future - one grand Yorkshire or other sort of divisions?? Genuinely interested!
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum