Computer help

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 130

Computer help

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Hi, can anyone advise please how to get rid of the advertising 'hyperlinks' that have started to appear on my system. It's only started happening recently on this laptop but I'm not sure what to do.

For instance, 'Safesaver' highlights certain buzzwords like 'free' or 'a lot of money' in posts on here today by underlining them and giving you the option of looking at a link advertisement.

I have Ad Block plus installed and also have the Options but might be getting confused by Pop Up add ons etc.
Deleted User 130

Re: Computer help

Think I've sorted it, I just don't know how :oops:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

For future reference, it sounds like some of the settings on your browser were changed.
I would just download the latest version of the browser if it happens again.
It should update itself anyway, but in cases like this it's always best to just start over. All your bookmarks, etc will be saved, so it's only a two minute job :D
Deleted User 130

Thanks chum :D
Deleted User 130

Just noticed my avatar isn't appearing now on here.

And my home page is BT home which isn't loading correctly now, despite refreshing it a few times, so the fonts aren't correct and icons/images not appearing on there. Any ideas?
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Your avatar is showing for me Rob.
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

And for me - I'm using Chrome.
Check your personal settings on here to restore your signature.
+15
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by +15 »

If you use Avast use their browser cleanup. If you don't use Avast you can still use the browser cleanup though.

http://download.cnet.com/Avast-Browser- ... 72295.html

I also have this addon for Adblock plus.

https://adblockplus.org/en/elemhidehelper
Deleted User 130

Thanks.

My avatar WAS on there earlier but I'm on a different pc now so will only be able to check tomorrow when back at home. Facebook wasn't 'uploading' correctly either but all my other usual haunts like here were fine.
Deleted User 130

Something was screwing up my BT email logging in, as well as Facebook AND my avatar on here. It took a call back from BT, in NEW DELHI :wtf: , to reset my browser and clear some damaging cookies away.

I use Firefox and so have redownloaded Ad Block and all seems fine again. The laptop is certainly getting on but I do like it, even when it is slow as heck to get out of its cyberbed and do some actual work :D Thanks all of you who tried to help, much appreciated :thumbup: