Cheese

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: Cheese

Post by Sniffer »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Talking of smells a really strong smelly cheese is Parmesan but I love it with my pasta dishes. Smells of smelly feet but tastes wonderful :D
Taking a slight tangent away from cheese but staying with NW's point there is a South-East Asian fruit called a durian (CorkWhite has probably come across it in the Philippines) and is similar to the Jackfruit. It smells overpoweringly of raw sewage but tastes like very heaven.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Sniffer wrote:
Taking a slight tangent away from cheese but staying with NW's point there is a South-East Asian fruit called a durian (CorkWhite has probably come across it in the Philippines) and is similar to the Jackfruit. It smells overpoweringly of raw sewage but tastes like very heaven.
Tried durian in Borneo & have to agree ?
Winner of the Europa League
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

ChilwellWhite wrote:We're having our annual trip to Melton Mowbay this week to get a porkpie and some Stilton for Boxing Day. Like our cheeses in this house.
Waitrose do a stilton from Cropwell Bishop, which, as you may know, is not too far from Nottingham. It's very good.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Mrs MW and I have got into having cheese on a Sunday evening accompanied by Italian or Spanish charcuterie, pickled onions along with other bits and pieces.

Our current selection of cheeses include Morbier (French), goats milk camembert (from Lidl - amazing taste), above-mentioned Cropwell Bishop stilton and Ossau Iraty - a superb sheep's milk cheese from the French Basque country. We have a Reblechon (France) set aside for Christmas and usually have Le Rustique camembert which I enjoy most when it's partly turned to liquid.

All washed down with a nice bottle of red.

We're also into raclette - we get the cheese from Waitrose - and our friend from Switzerland also bought us some special packets of fondue recently which we've yet to try. Medium dry white wine with both of these.

We both like cheddar, but most other British cheeses we don't enjoy.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

There is only one cheese for me?? Yes you guessed it. Edam. :shifty: Is there a more rubbery pointless cheese? Ok i'll give you Gouda...Awful
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

As said earlier Mrs SW & myself are Cheese addicts.

This was our wedding cake :-

Lovely :D
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Selby White wrote:As said earlier Mrs SW & myself are Cheese addicts.

SW, some nice goat's cheese on the wedding cake. What mustn't you put on the heaters? - White wine? :D
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

johnh wrote:
Selby White wrote:As said earlier Mrs SW & myself are Cheese addicts.

SW, some nice goat's cheese on the wedding cake. What mustn't you put on the heaters? - White wine? :D
No Goats Cheese but can highly recommend the mature chedder "black bomber" believe waitrose do it.

A Blue cheese and a Brie also involved.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »