Cheese

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Cheese

Post by Selby White »

Was at York Christmas Market the other day and bought a pack of 7 different cheeses.

We are both Cheese addicts and enjoy some with a couple of crackers for supper (along with a nice bottle of red).

Started the first one last night, its a Leicester Sunset Blue and if its anything to go by the next few weeks will be a treat, roll on supper time.

The 7 cheeses as remember are :-

Leicester Sunset Blue,
Mature Chedder
Red Leicester
Smoked Chedder
Carmelised Onion
Cranberry Chedder
Wensleydale.

Any other Cheese addicts out there.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Cheese

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Not a cheese fan my wife & girls are & often have a ' cheese party ' which has an obligatory bottle of port :D we were invited to dinner at a friends house a few years back & found out she had made broccoli & Stilton soup, two things I really dislike. I managed to finish the soup without gagging & was asked if I'd enjoyed it & as I'm a polite fella said it was lovely so she went into the kitchen returning smiling with another portion of the bloody stuff :twisted:

Anyway I like Cheddar, Red Leicester, Cranberry Cheddar & Wensleydale. I do like Cornish Puffs ( no not Bobby from Truro :D ) & Jacobs crackers. There has to be Branston or Tomato pickle involved as well as few grapes.

The wife loves Brie, Stilton, Camembert & loads of others & will always order when we're out.
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

We're having our annual trip to Melton Mowbay this week to get a porkpie and some Stilton for Boxing Day. Like our cheeses in this house.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Not a cheese 'addict' but enjoy - Stilton, Brie and particularly, crumbly white Lancashire. Accompanied by oatmeal biscuits and with SW here, a glass of red.
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Arrived home from work after calling at tesco. Bought block of wensleydale and a box of salted black pepper cracker. Opened a bottle of Rioja and never had dinner.... Yum yum
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Love my cheeses, do get Red Leicester here in Oz and sometimes my favourite Double Gloucester but can and will eat most cheeses but i hate my cheese cooked in any way, really annoys me.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

As I said I love cheese but , Brie, camelbeard and strange blue coloured stuff etc I cant do
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Mr Russell wrote:Love my cheeses, do get Red Leicester here in Oz and sometimes my favourite Double Gloucester but can and will eat most cheeses but i hate my cheese cooked in any way, really annoys me.
This is where I beg to differ, I love cheese on toast. ;)
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

One cheese I don't eat is Mozzarella, when in Italy a few years back visited a Buffalo farm where it was made, put me off for life (horrible smelly place).
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Talking of smells a really strong smelly cheese is Parmesan but I love it with my pasta dishes. Smells of smelly feet but tastes wonderful :D
Winner of the Europa League