Apologies

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: Apologies

Post by Sniffer »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Sniffer wrote:Well done, but it looks like they're back. :x
A couple will have slipped through the net, at least 20 have tried to join this morning but they're getting sorted before they can even get on here ;)
Blimey! You've got your work cut out, then. Sounds like you're doing a great job. :thumbup:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

It would appear there's still the odd ' sleeper' on the forum. We are however stopping approximately a hundred plus spammers a day. By going through the applications to join we have had a couple of new members over the last few days.
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:It would appear there's still the odd ' sleeper' on the forum. We are however stopping approximately a hundred plus spammers a day. By going through the applications to join we have had a couple of new members over the last few days.
:clap: :clap:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:It would appear there's still the odd ' sleeper' on the forum.
Going by the average age of forum members I imagine there's more than the odd sleeper. :angel:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Wigan White wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:It would appear there's still the odd ' sleeper' on the forum.
Going by the average age of forum members I imagine there's more than the odd sleeper. :angel:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Wigan White wrote:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Wigan White wrote:
Brilliant :clap: :clap: :clap:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
lufctrav
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by lufctrav »

Will this be why my account keeps signing out the past few weeks? Or is that an issue with my phone/browser?

I don't post as much as i once did but am an avid lurker and appreciate the work of the mods.
Grumpy
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by Grumpy »

Dear admin/moderators

First of all - I’m sorry, but I have a minor ‘log on’ problem. For the last few weeks I find I have to physically log on every time I visit the site. I have tried the ‘keep me logged on’ button (which used to work) but for some reason it now requires me to type in all my log in info requirements. It’s not a lot, I know, but it’s a bit of a pain in the bum when you have a small keyboard and fat fingers.

Have I done something wrong? hit a wrong key? Or is it just an incompetent operator issue? :crazy:

Oh, and I’m also sorry about putting this on here but I don’t know which other topic may have been more suitable. :oops:

Cheers

George B
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I think the answer to the last two posts will be browser-related.

If you use Chrome on either mobile or a PC, you can save passwords. This means you don't have to login every time.
Alternatively, if you log out yourself for some reason, when you go back to the login screen, Chrome should offer you the stored password automatically to save you have to type it in (or remember it if you're like me !).

If you have run a scan on either machine - an anti-virus/spyware check or something like CCleaner - then you may have reset your cookies (deleted them, in other words). Other than that, if you have recently changed your cookie settings that may also cause you to be logged out.

They should be the only reasons why it's happened and nothing to do with the site settings.
I haven't had a problem on either, though I generally have to login and click the "remember my password" box whenever I run a scan on my own kit.

Hope that helps :)