Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Re: Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Post by Deleted User 728 »

That was my 25th Christmas in a row working in retail .. I was actually quite chipper ;)
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

All the best to you all. It definitely helps the mood when Leeds win :P

My good lady's mother caught me unawares the other day, talking about Christmas. 'Do you get depressed at Christmas?' she asked. I genuinely don't, I do get emotional though but in a way that's good for me, but when she asked I felt like saying I bloody am now! :D
Deleted User 728

Another Northern Soul wrote: 'Do you get depressed at Christmas?' she asked.
Why would she ask you that ??

I sometimes wonder what goes on in the minds of the women in our lives.
I'm sure it's the same for women when they think about men, so please don't think I'm being sexist when I say that.

A few years ago my sister accused (that is the right word, btw) me of being depressed.
She hadn't been back in the UK for well over a decade other than for a funeral and I replied that she didn't really know who I was, knew even less about my life and had met only three or four of my friends.
We talked calmly about it all and she revealed that she'd been on anti-depressants for yonks which may have explained why she'd think I might be, being related to her. I said no, I was quite happy with my life .. it's just she didn't know anything about it or about England any more having spent more time in Africa by that point.

Fast forward a few years and she's been over three or four times and we've travelled around Ireland, to Scotland and to Germany together, she's got to know most of my mates and spent time at my home.
She knows me again.
She hasn't asked me since because now she asks about all the people she knows, my work and the place where I live.

I wonder if your mother-in-law knows you ?
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

rigger wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote: 'Do you get depressed at Christmas?' she asked.
Why would she ask you that ??

I sometimes wonder what goes on in the minds of the women in our lives.
I'm sure it's the same for women when they think about men, so please don't think I'm being sexist when I say that.

A few years ago my sister accused (that is the right word, btw) me of being depressed.
She hadn't been back in the UK for well over a decade other than for a funeral and I replied that she didn't really know who I was, knew even less about my life and had met only three or four of my friends.
We talked calmly about it all and she revealed that she'd been on anti-depressants for yonks which may have explained why she'd think I might be, being related to her. I said no, I was quite happy with my life .. it's just she didn't know anything about it or about England any more having spent more time in Africa by that point.

Fast forward a few years and she's been over three or four times and we've travelled around Ireland, to Scotland and to Germany together, she's got to know most of my mates and spent time at my home.
She knows me again.
She hasn't asked me since because now she asks about all the people she knows, my work and the place where I live.

I wonder if your mother-in-law knows you ?
:D

She'd popped to a neighbour's to give her a card and the neighbour had offered drinks, so I think gin was definitely partaken. She's a good woman normally but it did feel like I was being accused almost. I think she thought she was being nice but a) I was busy and b) she was wrong :lol:
Deleted User 728

Another Northern Soul wrote:I think she thought she was being nice but a) I was busy and b) she was wrong
I know my faults and being overly sensitive is one of them, but that's just offensive.

Why do people think they can just ask you something like that ??
Accuse is the word for it and it's just like a slap in the face, like they're saying "There's something wrong with you !!" even in this day and age when we're all supposed to be more aware of mental health.

Drinking is no excuse for any of this.

Besides, gin is well known as a depressant in itself so maybe she should ask herself before badgering you like that ? :lolno:
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

rigger wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:I think she thought she was being nice but a) I was busy and b) she was wrong
I know my faults and being overly sensitive is one of them, but that's just offensive.

Why do people think they can just ask you something like that ??
Accuse is the word for it and it's just like a slap in the face, like they're saying "There's something wrong with you !!" even in this day and age when we're all supposed to be more aware of mental health.

Drinking is no excuse for any of this.

Besides, gin is well known as a depressant in itself so maybe she should ask herself before badgering you like that ? :lolno:
Yep, alcohol can definitely bring out bad aspects of a person's character. Normally she's a good, intelligent woman and we do get on well but i wasn't impressed. She's had hard times herself so I don't want this story to seem uncharitable, and not to put too fine a point, she's the only family I see any more.
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

Merry Christmas everyone and whatever you've got planned, here's hoping for a bigger party at Elland Road on April 27th (Sky tv permitting)
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
daib0
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by daib0 »

A very happy Christmas from North Spain ... and delighted for everyone the amazing form you're in! :clap: :clap: :clap:
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum
ilkley62
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by ilkley62 »

Merry Xmas to all
vyvanse
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by vyvanse »

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you and your families. :)