What did Father Christmas bring you ?

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 5081

Re: What did Father Christmas bring you ?

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Davycc wrote:Wine, shirts, cordless drill, aftershave, squash shoes and tickets to UB40.
Enjoy the UB40 concert Davy. The amount of times iv'e seen them live over the years is beyond the fingers and toes. Although there are two UB40 bands now since Ali Campbell and two others from the original UB40 split a few years ago. The two bands still play the blend of reggae they always played but its just not the same as it was.

I once had the privilege, to go back stage and sing one of my own reggae songs with them with a buddy of mine who was a regular VIP of theirs. was a great night and they were a great bunch of lads to have a laugh with. They remained somewhat social with people regardless of wealth or success.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Got nothing bar a gift card or 2 but my daughter got lots of presents and that was the most important thing on Xmas Day for me.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Half the club shop, Dirty Leeds Uncut Book by Rob Endeacott, Ronnie O’Sullivan Autobiography, Selection Box and the other half of the club shop.

Sounds like Mr Russell got the best present of the lot, nice one pal :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

CorkWhite wrote:
Davycc wrote:Wine, shirts, cordless drill, aftershave, squash shoes and tickets to UB40.
Enjoy the UB40 concert Davy. The amount of times iv'e seen them live over the years is beyond the fingers and toes. Although there are two UB40 bands now since Ali Campbell and two others from the original UB40 split a few years ago. The two bands still play the blend of reggae they always played but its just not the same as it was.

I once had the privilege, to go back stage and sing one of my own reggae songs with them with a buddy of mine who was a regular VIP of theirs. was a great night and they were a great bunch of lads to have a laugh with. They remained somewhat social with people regardless of wealth or success.

Looking forward to it CW :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Mr Russell wrote:Got nothing bar a gift card or 2 but my daughter got lots of presents and that was the most important thing on Xmas Day for me.

Lovely stuff it's the kids that make Christmas special. :D
Winner of the Europa League
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:Got nothing bar a gift card or 2 but my daughter got lots of presents and that was the most important thing on Xmas Day for me.

Lovely stuff it's the kids that make Christmas special. :D
Agreed NW. My youngest grandchild is 15, I do miss the sheer magic of Christmas for a 5 or 6 year old!
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

My daughter and boyfriend came over this afternoon, and I was presented with one of the best presents ever. A framed Leeds United badge cut into steel.

I asked where they had purchased it from, and my daughters boyfriend announced he had made it at work. I was, and still am, absolutely speechless and a bit emotional.

When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

That is gorgeous! There is a Leeds fan I know who does computer controlled laser cutting and he has produced some similar stuff but that is a beaut!
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

dlw10 wrote:That is gorgeous! There is a Leeds fan I know who does computer controlled laser cutting and he has produced some similar stuff but that is a beaut!
Apparently a lot of this was done freehand Dave, with the aid of a template obviously. As as you know he’s very talented at what he does, but I was stunned with the quality of his work.
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

Looks a fantastic pressie there Kev, hat's off aswell to the young man who made it! :clap: