Deleted User 728

Re: Stories with a happy ending.

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I read it at 6.30am this morning and did the same :D
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

That's amazing, wish I had a job that had the potential to make people's lives better.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Sheepy wrote:That's amazing, wish I had a job that had the potential to make people's lives better.
You do mate. the one that your doing now keeps you and yours in a better life than if you didn't do it :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

When I was a paper lad, admittedly some 30 years or so now, I used to deliver up Healdfield Road in Castleford. At the end of the estate, where Wheldale Colliery used to be, was what I can only describe as wasteland. In it, was like a swamp and fenced off small reservoir type things.

I always used to deliver to the last house on the estate, (closest to the wasteland type thing), and one day I could hear some wimpering. I went into the wasteland, and found a small puppy with a bit of rope around it's neck stuck on the edge of the fencing. It appeared as if some complete b*****d had thrown the poor thing over the fence in the 'hope' that it would drown in the reservoir. I climbed over into the reservoir, 'unhooked' him and put him in my paper bag. I did my round on a bike at the time, finished off my round and took him home, his little head was poking out of the top as 'we' rode along.

We had another dog at the time, and my mum and dad said we could not have two, so we had to find an alternative home, which we did. She was a lovely lady, who ran a rescue centre. The day we took him to the new home, I cried all day, and told my mum and dad they didn't love me as they had taken the new dog away. That night, we went and got him back and he lived with us for around 15 years or so. He was a lovely dog, and even now I think to myself I did a great thing that day, even though I accused my mum and dad of not caring about their only child.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 728

Brilliant :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Great story BB.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

That's a great story BB, this thread is starting to restore my faith in humanity! If heaven exists, your place was booked that day you rescued him BB :thumbup:
Deleted User 728

And if you're going to hell, don't worry: I'll save you a seat at the bar :twisted:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Dog saves owners life.

A guy got lost in the outback in Australia with his dog Rags. He only had enough food for a couple of days but found a spring, so they had water. After a couple of weeks when the food had long since run out, it was obvious to the man that they would both not survive. He then decided that his only chance was to eat the dog. He had some matches and managed to find some scraps of wood to make a small fire. After killing his faithful dog he cooked it on the fire. This kept him going for another couple of weeks and finally a search and rescue plane spotted him and help arrived. As he was leaving he stopped to look at the pile of bones that had saved his life and he thought 'Rags would have loved them bones'.
I once played against Don Revie.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

I've heard it before that mate, but ..... It still made me chuckle.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT