Deluded Dillian Whyte

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 2066

Deluded Dillian Whyte

Post by Deleted User 2066 »

There was a article in April 2019 that reported that Dillian Whyte had turned down the opportunity to fight for the World Heavyweight title.
His reaction to the sum of 4,000,000 pounds being offered has been dismissed because he feels this is to low. First the amount of 4 million to spend 36 minutes in a boxing ring is not bad, and the chance of winning and then being in a position to dictate terms to future opponents must be a great incentive.
Dillian Whyte does not think so, his value has to be lower as he has been whipped convincingly by AJ before and bearing in mind both fighters have gained considerable experience since then, AJ would beat him again in fewer rounds than before.Its the amount of money that has been turned down that gets me and how its been dismissed so easily. If Dillian Whyte was truely confident of winning he would take the fight and make his money, through title defences.
The truth is he knows he would be whipped, and whipped badly and then where would he go.?
Deleted User 728

Re: Deluded Dillian Whyte

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I find boxing repugnant. It's up there with rugby for me - I have zero interest in either.

Just didn't want this thread to feel lonely I guess...
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

cybermaf wrote:There was a article in April 2019 that reported that Dillian Whyte had turned down the opportunity to fight for the World Heavyweight title.
His reaction to the sum of 4,000,000 pounds being offered has been dismissed because he feels this is to low. First the amount of 4 million to spend 36 minutes in a boxing ring is not bad, and the chance of winning and then being in a position to dictate terms to future opponents must be a great incentive.
Dillian Whyte does not think so, his value has to be lower as he has been whipped convincingly by AJ before and bearing in mind both fighters have gained considerable experience since then, AJ would beat him again in fewer rounds than before.Its the amount of money that has been turned down that gets me and how its been dismissed so easily. If Dillian Whyte was truely confident of winning he would take the fight and make his money, through title defences.
The truth is he knows he would be whipped, and whipped badly and then where would he go.?
It could be, of course, that he doesn't fancy another bout with AJ and rather than being accused of being scared, he says the purse isn't enough. There could be a perverse logic to this as, if you are going to get your brains beaten out, you might as well get as much as you can for the privilege.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

cybermaf wrote:There was a article in April 2019 that reported that Dillian Whyte had turned down the opportunity to fight for the World Heavyweight title.
I get your point but i wouldn't believe everything you read in the press. I honestly don't think AJ fancies another go with Dillian White. Dillian has won every fight since losing to AJ and imo posses the greatest risk to AJ's crown. Its 1-1 in the head to head. Dillian should have been fighting Wilder because he is the number 1 ranked WBC contender, but Wilder doesn't want the fight so chose to face former NFL player Breazeale instead. If and when Wilder loses the WBC, they won't have a heavy Weight title in America again and they don't want that.

If Dillian gets his deserved shot at Wilder next? (i doubt it too risky for Wilder) and beats him, £4m would look like chicken feed.