A lovely story

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

A lovely story

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I was listening to an episode of the Lineker and Baker podcast the other day and Danny told a story from his old radio show that really touched me for some reason.
This fella had written in to say he was clearing out his parents' house following the death of his mother, his father having passed some years previous.
He was sat on the floor sorting through some old photos when his wife popped her head round the door and asked him gently to get on with it...
He told her he'd found what he thought was the earliest snap of himself, taken at Southend on the beach when he was about 18 months or two years old. She glanced at it and smiled before doing a double take, then taking the photograph from his hand for a closer look. As she gazed at the image of the mother holding her little boy, the father beaming proudly alongside, she wasn't actually looking at her husband but at the couple in the immediate background, holding their own child, a little girl.

It was her and they were her own parents.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: A lovely story

Post by Davycc »

Like something from a film that, the bit where there's a twist at the end
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Davycc wrote:Like something from a film that, the bit where there's a twist at the end
Tales Of The Unexpected for me.
He finds two other photos, one of his father, the other of his mother, when they were both tots and behind both sets of beaming parents stand the same other beaming parents with the same little girl, his future wife ..
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

It really is such a small world at times, great story.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Yes, I read that on the internet somewhere, incredible coincidence, almost scary. :shock: :D
I once played against Don Revie.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Her indoors said that if it had happened to her and they knew at the time, they would have emigrated. :D
I once played against Don Revie.