Tattoos

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Re: Tattoos

Post by BrighouseWhite »

I don't have any and find them ugly to be honest. Mrs BW has one on her forearm but it's for medical purposes and lets people know she's a type 2 diabetic and allergic to antibiotics should an emergency arise.
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

BrighouseWhite wrote:Mrs BW has one on her forearm but it's for medical purposes and lets people know she's a type 2 diabetic and allergic to antibiotics should an emergency arise.
Blimey, never heard of that before.

I once worked with a woman who had her make up tattooed onto her face, I didn’t know for ages and always wondered why she always looked the same. Very bizarre.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

As I have a phobia of needles I don't have any, and no doubt never will.

Not a lover of them anyway.
ilkley62
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by ilkley62 »

I just wish the young ones who are getting these full tattoos done would think about what they will look like when they are in their 50's 60's etc
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I don't mind 'em, but find the hipster fashion thing hilarious because I know that in thirty years from now, people will look back and laugh the same way we do at mullets, flaired suits and kipper ties.

Like Ilkley says above, those tatts that are part of the look will be pretty funny by then.

I've got four, but only one is visible most of the time :
1. An LUFC smiley on my upper right shoulder
2. The glove - a blue meany from The Beatles' Yellow Submarine, just below it
3. A small tribal thing on my upper left shoulder
4. Susan Tedeschi's signature on my inner left forearm - she's an American singer, now best known for being lead vocalist for the Tedeschi Trucks Band (a multi-cultural blues/alt-country/Americana band)

I'm more anti-piercings, personally.
I don't find them attractive at all and have had numerous odd/scary/smelly experiences with them with women but I won't go into that here.

I think it's sexier if a woman ISN'T pierced anywhere other than her ears, let's just leave it at that ...

Jeanna has a really beautiful tattoo on her inner right forearm of the "Koru" symbol :

It has some significance for her tribe in east Malaysia, but is more widely known as a Maori design.

Hers is blues and reds and looks great.
One day I may get the same design in white, blue and yellow myself :D
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

Barlow Boy wrote:
BrighouseWhite wrote:Mrs BW has one on her forearm but it's for medical purposes and lets people know she's a type 2 diabetic and allergic to antibiotics should an emergency arise.
Blimey, never heard of that before.

I once worked with a woman who had her make up tattooed onto her face, I didn’t know for ages and always wondered why she always looked the same. Very bizarre.
It's a rod or staff with 2 serpents wrapped round it, which is a common medical alert tattoo apparently. She has it on her right forearm because that's where you would usually wear an alert bracelet and where they would go to check your pulse. She also has Type 2 and No Antibiotics written top and bottom along with 5 little hearts for the 5 miscarriages we've suffered.
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.