Tattoos

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Tattoos

Post by Davycc »

Well having go a very small tattoo 10 years ago I can honestly say I didn't get the bug. I still don't see the attraction of covering every bit of skin with ink. Being someone who passes their time sketching and painting I do appreciate the artistic side of tattoos but, and it's a personal opinion I really don't like masses of ink on someone especially girls, and that includes my daughter (we agree to differ) I don't stereo type people with them, I know to many folk with sleeves and other inking that are fantastic people, its just not my thing.

So, whats your opinion on tattoos ?

Do you have any?

Are you thinking of getting any?
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: Tattoos

Post by kk white »

No opinion really, just not for me.

Some can be fantastic. You mentioned the sleeve above? I love the Mauri sleeves, a lot of the All Blacks carry it off pretty well... why wouldn't they, the bloody size of them!

Years ago in his teens, my brother drunkenly got one of a skull giving the middle finger. Boy did he regret it almost immediately :lol:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Nothing against them but not for me.

Saying that don't like to see them covering most of the body just don't see the point.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

To simply answer the questions

Not interested in them

No

And

No :D
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I suppose someone's got to post this.

I would never have a tattoo as the back garden's not big enough and I hate bagpipes.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Okay, where do i start.......

I have two tattoos that were done when i was 17 and 18 a Rasta flag on my shoulder and a puma on my lower arm (the puma was done to cover over the DIY tattoos i had done when i was sixteen and high on weed) I still have them today and i don't dislike them they are a gentle reminder of how insecure i was as a teenager and how tattoos in someway gave me and the friends i kept at the time an identity.

Do i like seeing other people have tattoos? yes and no.... for the yes, i think there are some very talented artists out there that do some beautiful designs, i am more for the simple tattoos which are small and don't cover too much of the skin. The no part is the sleeves and the gloves and head or whole torso sort of designs which i find repulsive. :sick:

I like when people get their wife's name and kids tattooed on their arm or a small dolphin or rose by the lower part of a woman's back, just looks sexy to me :roll: the problem is when a woman gets pregnant tattoos also stretch and become slightly disfigured after giving birth.

I knew a guy who had no luck with either tattoos or girlfriends and he would always get the girl's name tattooed on his arm if he was with her for more than six months as he would count it as a serious relationship at that stage and i think he did it three times and a week or two after each time the relationships were over :lol: now to me that was definitely silly to do.

Anyway, i don't want anymore tattoos myself, I have some but they are enough for me.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:I suppose someone's got to post this.

I would never have a tattoo as the back garden's not big enough and I hate bagpipes.
:D :D :crazy: :crazy: :clap:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I have WTNHAND on my todger :o
Winner of the Europa League
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

NottinghamWhite wrote:I have WTNHAND on my todger :o
And when tumescent it says ….
Oldies but goldies, NW. :D
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

I've never wanted a tattoo. You can't really change your mind afterwards. I have paid for few. Unbeknownst to me, when I thought I was helping my son out financially when he was at Uni, I was actually helping out a struggling tattoo artist financially. To be fair, they are good tattoos, if a little idiosyncratic. He has a ferret, an orang-utan and a whale on his arms. They all mean something apparently. They mean he owes me a couple of hundred quid. :roll: