What you reading

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: What you reading

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Peter James’s latest bestseller Left You Dead. Without doubt my favourite author.
Winner of the Europa League
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Peter James’s latest bestseller Left You Dead. Without doubt my favourite author.
Reading this at the moment NW, about half way and really enjoying it, he is Brighton based as you probably know and mentions Sussex landmarks in his book, I will certainly be getting be reading some of his other books.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Bought a nice little book yesterday a bargain at £4:99 a nice stocking filler for Christmas

NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

LAsouthcoast wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Peter James’s latest bestseller Left You Dead. Without doubt my favourite author.
Reading this at the moment NW, about half way and really enjoying it, he is Brighton based as you probably know and mentions Sussex landmarks in his book, I will certainly be getting be reading some of his other books.
Try and read them in order they’ll make a lot more sense ;)
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

I follow @myfavebench on Twitter some great photos so it’s finish typing this and a visit to Amazon for me.
yorkfan
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by yorkfan »

Ian Dury biography by Richard Balls.

I’m about one third through this one, and it’s a cracking read, which manages to give a real insight the personality of the bloke, and the many reasons behind it.

Oh, and it reveals that he actually wasn’t the Essex geezer of popular mythology.

Recommended.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

yorkfan wrote:Image

Ian Dury biography by Richard Balls.

I’m about one third through this one, and it’s a cracking read, which manages to give a real insight the personality of the bloke, and the many reasons behind it.

Oh, and it reveals that he actually wasn’t the Essex geezer of popular mythology.

Recommended.
I think I read this some time back, have been a big admirer of ID for a long time and The Blockheads are still a top notch giggers. It took me a while to like ID & band, I was never that keen on Rhythm Stick due to his vocals, but his more melodic stuff still gets to me.

And the film is excellent too, with our Ralph Ineson playing a prominent role, for the Leeds connection 8-)
LAsouthcoast

Post by LAsouthcoast »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
LAsouthcoast wrote:
Try and read them in order they’ll make a lot more sense ;)
I didn`t realize it was in a sequence, I asked my wife to pick me up a crime book for me and this was what she came back with.
LAsouthcoast

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Just finished Dark Sacred Night by Michael Connelly, an American crime book which was a good read.
Just started The last days of John Lennon by James Patterson.
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Saxon »

Nothing at the moment, but in a couple of weeks it will be too cold to go fishing, (I don't ice fish), so I'll be reading.
On another note , author Ann Rice passed away on Saturday. Never read any of her books, but my Wife has several.