What you reading

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC

Re: What you reading

Postby NottinghamWhite » 26 Jun 2020, 08:37

Sniffer wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Just about to start Peter Robinson’s latest book Many Rivers to Cross. I enjoy his books & they’re consistently a good read.

I've got a few of his, they're very good. Not quite Ian Rankin but close. Have you read any of Henning Mankel's Wallander series?
I'm not reading anything at the moment as I find it too tiring on top of having to read for work. I've got a couple of weeks off in July, though, so I might try and catch up with unread books then.

Peter James is my favourite crime author but his books will be best read in sequence. Based in Brighton & feature DCI Roy Grace. Highly recommend
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Postby ChilwellWhite » 26 Jun 2020, 08:55

I’m a fan of Colin Dexter and RD Wingfield both excellent crime writers. It’s funny that Dexters Morse was a heavy drinking, smoker and womaniser different to how the marvellous John Thaw portrayed him. Yet David Jason is the exact character Wingfield writes about in Frost. Also 2 definite cases of the books being better than the TV shows.
ChilwellWhite
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Postby yorkfan » 26 Jun 2020, 10:12

During the early days of lockdown, I went up into the loft and unearthed a bunch of Christopher Brookmyre's books, to start re-reading them again.

I mentioned this on another forum I frequent, and there's a couple of folks now firmly hooked on them.

Crime, with a bit of daftness and lots of humour included, and with recurring characters, they're worth a mention here, and are cheap as chips on Fleabay. :thumbup:
yorkfan
Brian McDermott's optician

Previous

Return to General