NottinghamWhite wrote:
rigger wrote:Image
Never seen that game before :roll:
Come over - I've got my original :)
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Favourite games

Post by NottinghamWhite »

@sniffer is skittles still a big pub game down your way ?
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Loved the Old local, Darts (although no good at it), Doms & Pool at ours.

One game I enjoy is Chess although not played for a long time.
We often played for cash in the local (over 20 years though) and did ok. :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Love all pub games. Decent at Darts & Pool..... Snooker is on another level of difficulty for me especially full size, the professionals make it look ridiculously easy.

I love a good game of Chess against a similar level player. Always seem to end up playing Crash at cards with 2's floating.

Monopoly as to be my favorite over the years. In my teens a group of us used to play it regularly for money. We got to know the board that well we used to play at rapid speed. If any new player had a game they used to look at us like we were from a different planet and generally would give up. We played all sorts of different rules over the years, one of my favorites was paying all fines & taxes into the middle of the board and whoever landed on the Free Parking space would get a nice injection of cash. I'm convinced i would have been a great property developer should i have won the lottery. :D
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Used to enjoy a game of chess, haven't played for years. Play snooker and billiards. I used to be pretty average but have deteriorated with age! Best break at snooker = 53 (about 30 years ago!) My potting suffers as, due to neck trouble, I can't get my chin on the cue. Still got a good safety game though, opponents spend most of their time cueing off the baulk cushion. Can still lay a good snooker too. :D
When I flew out to Singapore in 1955, I sat next to a guy who had a pocket chess set. We played continuously for the five days of the flight, plus the evenings of the two overnight stops. He was a good player and beat me probably on a ratio of 70/30. Good way of passing the time.
When I worked up in Leeds we had a 'domino school' every lunch-time, penny a spot. (A lot in the 1960's). Someone was always left with double six! :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

I used to enjoy bar billiards. I have a feeling it is/was only available down south. You pot the balls until the bar inside comes down, trying to avoid knocking the 'mushrooms' down, higher scores for more difficult holes.

Tried and tried with darts but never got any good at it.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

NottinghamWhite wrote:@sniffer is skittles still a big pub game down your way ?
Funnily enough.... Yes, there are skittle leagues all over down here. My mum's 80 and she still plays. I played for the village Memorial Hall team before I moved back to Bristol. Alison's late dad used to play too. It's great for getting out to all the village pubs that you wouldn't normally go to. And a Skittles Evening as a social event is definitely a thing.
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

I used to love playing the board game risk (world domination) when i was a young kid with my dad and friends at the time. Later i started playing the same game on PC version and also on the playstation1 console which was an awesome game and a lot more in depth.

I also liked playing monopoly with a neighbor of mine who was a lot older than i was, most of the time though monopoly was an excuse for her to play another game with me...... I was only seven at the time and she was a good player (ahem)
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

mapperleywhite wrote:I used to enjoy bar billiards. I have a feeling it is/was only available down south. You pot the balls until the bar inside comes down, trying to avoid knocking the 'mushrooms' down, higher scores for more difficult holes.

Still Played down here MW, not in as many pubs and clubs nowadays but there is still a Worthing and district league, I used to enjoy a game as well. :thumbup:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

mapperleywhite wrote:I used to enjoy bar billiards. I have a feeling it is/was only available down south. You pot the balls until the bar inside comes down, trying to avoid knocking the 'mushrooms' down, higher scores for more difficult holes.

Definitely a couple of Pubs in York you can play Bar Billiards, had a game couple of months ago on a night out with friends.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.