Midges

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Midges

Post by NottinghamWhite »

The little buggers have had a field day with me & the wife during the night. Anyone else ?
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Midges

Post by Davycc »

All good here. Bite free.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Davycc wrote:All good here. Bite free.

Bites on my foot, arm, shoulder but worst of all my neck where I’m assuming it’s a fly has a lump the size of a thimble. What’s the point of these creatures ?
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

No issues recently but last summer went for a walk on a local nature reserve (Skipwith common) and got eaten alive by the little blighters.

Apparently was once told its people of a certain blood group they go for most, can't remember which one though.
Whether that's true or an old wives tale I'm not sure.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Selby White wrote:No issues recently but last summer went for a walk on a local nature reserve (Skipwith common) and got eaten alive by the little blighters.

Apparently was once told its people of a certain blood group they go for most, can't remember which one though.
Whether that's true or an old wives tale I'm not sure.

NW Positive :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Davycc wrote:All good here. Bite free.

Bites on my foot, arm, shoulder but worst of all my neck where I’m assuming it’s a fly has a lump the size of a thimble. What’s the point of these creatures ?
Are they mosquito bites, mate? Are you treating them or at least 'soothing' them?

Vinegar is a good one to use if you haven't got any of the shop stuff that smells a bit like ammonia.

If it is mozzies then the lemon-smelling spray is good deterrent, or garlic, well anything pungent I believe.

I feel your pain, it's no laughing matter the little scumbags :evil:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Another Northern Soul wrote: Are they mosquito bites, mate? Are you treating them or at least 'soothing' them?

Vinegar is a good one to use if you haven't got any of the shop stuff that smells a bit like ammonia.

If it is mozzies then the lemon-smelling spray is good deterrent, or garlic, well anything pungent I believe.

I feel your pain, it's no laughing matter the little scumbags :evil:
Definitely mozzies but the one on me neck is a fly bite ( has turned my normally handsome features into summart from a freak show :evil: ) I’m all for animals etc but what do mozzies bring to the pigging table ?
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Couldn’t agree more what’s the point of mosquitos ? Worst place for them is Venice, eaten alive we were even with repellent on.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I used to get bitten all the time by midges, or similar creatures, especially when out with the dog.

Then a fella down the road bought me one of those insect repellent wristbands, and I’ve not had one bite since, only 90p for two from Superdrug too.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

We don't get them in Berkshire. :lol:
I once played against Don Revie.