Flog it

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Flog it

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Flog it & its ilk really do my head in. Here’s grandads medals with his papers & his photo. Let’s put them up for auction value £80-£120 is a family history worth such a pittance ( let’s not forget commission plus VAT ) makes my blood boil that people don’t give a toss about their heritage. Rant over. :evil:
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Flog it

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Flog it & its ilk really do my head in. Here’s grandads medals with his papers & his photo. Let’s put them up for auction value £80-£120 is a family history worth such a pittance ( let’s not forget commission plus VAT ) makes my blood boil that people don’t give a toss about their heritage. Rant over. :evil:
:thumbup: Does my head in too, said it years ago to my kids. Sell the house etc but the things that mean something to me, the things I leave you, don't be selling.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

100% agree.

Only got a few things in this category which will go to grandson.

Army medal (probably about £25)

My football career scrapbook (square root of sod all)

Family History binder going back to circa 1800. Birth and Death certificates, Marriage certificates, Census forms, maps, photo's. (invaluable).
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

When you look at it, it's usually the things that have little or monetary value that mean the most.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

There are people who probably aren't as proud as most people of their forefathers' military honours etc. Personally, I think medals & their ribbons are items of beauty and fascination. A certain Roger Waters was always the opposite though, and I'd recommend listening to Pink Floyd's 'When The Tigers Broke Free' to understand, a superb, evocative and emotive song.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Glad I’m not alone it really gets to me & Sue that a man can spent 4 years fighting for his country & as soon as Flog It hits town his family are selling his medals. Surely no ones that strapped for cash ?
Winner of the Europa League