31%
None of the above
38%

Total votes: 16

NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

The perfect breakfast Poll added

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Mines bacon ( unsmoked) fried egg, sausage, black pudding & tinned tomatoes.
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Re: The perfect breakfast

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Whatever Jeanna's cooking when I'm walking through the door on a Thursday morning - that's her day off so I enjoy a cooked breakfast made by someone else ;)
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

A slice of ham with a couple of free range fried eggs is my idea of heaven.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

We will be in Taunton next week for the cricket so on one morning I’ll have kippers with white bread & butter.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Mines bacon ( unsmoked) fried egg, sausage, black pudding & tinned tomatoes.
Now there is a debate in itself tinned tomatoes or grilled real ones (cut in half first), to be honest either is good.

Love cooked breakfasts although don't eat eggs.
So Bacon (unsmoked). Sausage, Grilled toms, Black pudding, Mushrooms, Hash browns & Beans.

Tend not to have cooked breakfasts at home usually just some cereal with berries so its always a treat when away in a hotel a get a good one :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Selby White wrote:
Now there is a debate in itself tinned tomatoes or grilled real ones (cut in half first), to be honest either is good.
Love the fat plum tinned tomatoes not keen on them diced up. Mop up the sauce with toast slathered in proper butter ;)
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Mines bacon ( unsmoked) fried egg, sausage, black pudding & tinned tomatoes.
This, but with beans instead of tomatoes.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

The best breakfast I ever had was when I stayed at the White Lion in Hebden Bridge. Stayed there many times when visiting my parents who lived in Hebden Bridge in their later years. Served on a big oval dinner plate, the contents were still sizzling from the cooking. 2 fried eggs, unsmoked bacon, tomato's, beans, hash browns. Toast or fried bread. Just a memory now, unfortunately.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Now I've had a kip and time to think about it ...

Thick toast made from really good bread - sourdough or something with whole grains - that's been allowed to cool down, meaning the lashings of butter (unsalted) will not soak through but remain - almost like cream cheese - on the surface

Crispy smoked bacon

Scrambled eggs which are slightly undercooked in the pan so they solidify on the plate the moment before you pop them in your mouth, still warm

Orange juice

Strong, real coffee

Fresh fruit - anything really, but favourites include strawberries, any kind of yellow melon (never watermelon) or a big, juicy orange

... oh, and preferably all the above is served in bed just after you've been gently woken by the combination of a kiss and the aromas emerging from the kitchen :)
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Just thought about Scottish square sausages now they’re lovely. Last time I had one was from a roadside vendor somewhere in The Highlands.