TV presenters you dislike

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: TV presenters you dislike

Post by dlw10 »

johnh wrote:Gary Lineker
Absolutely Gary Lineker! I have no problem with him as a MOTD host and discussing football but he's is getting on my **** with all his political tweets!
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

dlw10 wrote:
johnh wrote:Gary Lineker
Absolutely Gary Lineker! I have no problem with him as a MOTD host and discussing football but he's is getting on my **** with all his political tweets!
He should stick to Football commentary.

I always find that 99.9% of sports personalities are useless at politics except for one, who i have come to admire over the past ten years and that is Manny Pacquiao an 8 time world boxing Champion some of you may know who battered Ricky Hatton a few years ago. He has and still is boxing these days and although he hasn't got the same pull for the fans as he used to he is very much admired here in the Philippines for his adaptation of politics and is now a senator in the Philippine government. He has a soft spoken voice which appeals to the people unlike many wanna be politicians who act like strict teachers with a whip in hand playing BDSM games with the public.

Manny has established himself as a potential future president of the Philippines and although i'm not one for electing sports, film stars to government just because of their previous fame I think Manny has a personality that would endear to many politicians and governments around the world. I have watched his approach to different topics live on TV and he takes no crap when its needed just like in the ring. I met Manny Pacquiao last year at his hotel and he was very humble and when you look into the man's eyes you can see that he has a charisma and a yearning to learn more about you. Politicians these days have so little of this because most are spoon fed from birth by rich families and few have the real knowledge of what it takes to rise from humble beginnings.

Normally i don't air my views on politics because more often than not it causes an argument but with Gary Lineker who i admired very much as a player and also as a football pundit but he should stick to what he knows best instead of delving into a political dung heap.

Poor Boris is not looking good is he at the moment? What is going on in British politics these days? You have become the laughing stock of the world with all this Brexit childishness. The sooner its over the sooner Britain can get back to being a world power again. It becoming a genuine circus for everyone to have a good laugh at.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

CorkWhite wrote: the sooner Britain can get back to being a world power again.
And that is the problem with British politics right there. This is a small nation that became a world power through colonialism and imperialist abuse of other peoples. Those sort of things are frowned upon nowadays so, like other former world powers (Rome, Denmark, Spain, The Netherlands and France), perhaps we should settle down in to our natural position in the pecking order and stop demanding preferential treatment.

Sorry for the diversion.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Sniffer wrote:
And that is the problem with British politics right there. This is a small nation that became a world power through colonialism and imperialist abuse of other peoples. Those sort of things are frowned upon nowadays so, like other former world powers (Rome, Denmark, Spain, The Netherlands and France), perhaps we should settle down in to our natural position in the pecking order and stop demanding preferential treatment.

Sorry for the diversion.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Sniffer wrote:

Sorry for the diversion.
Er, we are still the 5th/6th largest economy on the planet.
I once played against Don Revie.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

johnh wrote:
Sniffer wrote:

Sorry for the diversion.
Er, we are still the 5th/6th largest economy on the planet.
Any idea why that is, John?
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Has Harry Gration been retired off yet, about time if not.

And while I'm on enjoy the format of Pointless but not keen on the presenters, can just about cope with Alexander Armstrong but find Richard sort of, well pointless for the want of a better word.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:Has Harry Gration been retired off yet, about time if not.
Oi, he’s a good bloke Harry.

He, along with Christa Ackroyd, were the ones who interviewed me and the Mrs on tele for the BBC. They couldn’t have been more welcoming.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote: Oi, he’s a good bloke Harry.
Can't be supports Bradford City

And so does my dentist :shock: :shh:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote: Oi, he’s a good bloke Harry.
Can't be supports Bradford City
And so does my dentist :shock: :shh:
To be fair, he was born there.

I think he is also the Mayor if Burn.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.