Re: General Election 2019

Post by Deleted User 3150 »

England is sleep-walking into oblivion

So glad I'm out of there, although I can't escape the policies
Deleted User 3150

Sniffer wrote:
whiteinfrance wrote:Looks like we are going the way of America (AS we always do) . Electing a lying incompetent into power
Yep. I just hope that everyone that voted for this shitstorm gets a karma smack. I imagine I will get more abuse for that than I did for the crap spouting comment. Ah well.
I am sure they will experience the fallout of Brexit and a Boris government. Neither of which make any sense
Deleted User 3150

And for what it's worth Sniffer, I'd rather go for a beer with you, than with the other Little england, lacking in vision people on here
Deleted User 3150

I really do hate tories. Especially working class Tories who are duped by the Tory press
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

whiteinfrance wrote:And for what it's worth Sniffer, I'd rather go for a beer with you, than with the other Little england, lacking in vision people on here
Cheers for that. :D
Deleted User 3150

Ah working class man who never understood why they voted Labour for years, and now don't understand why they are voting Tory

Don't you just love democracy?
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Speaking from afar, what are the chances of this ending like the past couple of results in the US and here in Australia where the favourite ended up losing. Most expected Clinton to beat Trump in the US and most expected Shorten to beat Morrison here? In the pre-polls in Oz it was all Shorten to win easily but ended up in a heavy defeat.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Deleted User 3150

I am from a very working class background

I passed my 11 plus and went to grammar school

One of our teachers said 'You do realise you are in the top 12% of the population for intelligence'

AS a young lad i thought 'Surely not'

But as I have become older, and especially tonight, I think he was right.
White Knight
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by White Knight »

johnh wrote:
whiteinfrance wrote:The point was that we still have control over our money and laws while in the EU. WE never lost them. This a myth put out by the leavers

The money we pay to the EU is agreed between all members, including ourselves. It was not imposed on us, and the financial and social benefits we get are worth what we pay
There are no financial benefits. We are net contributors, anything we get from the EU is just returning our own money.
Well the Brexit debate is dead and buried but I just have to make a point of order on this Brexit lie John. All the countries that are net contributors are more or less paying for membership. Through this their companies, universities, health systems, police forces, private citizens etc. all gain hugely in wide range of fashions. British business got massive financial returns from free access to a 500 million people’s market, employment remained high, tax returns poured into government coffers and around and around did this winning circle go.

Does anyone seriously think that some of the richest countries in the world just constantly threw good money after bad just to be in EU?

All you will hear now is how Boris wants ongoing free access to this market to keep the British economic snout in this rich trough. It’s not going to happen without regulatory alignment - meaning stepping back from “take back control” - if not business will suffer, simple as.

Now Boris has the problem of squaring this circle! The size of the majority in the Commons won’t solve this problem for him.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

whiteinfrance wrote:And for what it's worth Sniffer, I'd rather go for a beer with you, than with the other Little england, lacking in vision people on here
:thumbdown: