6%
Not Voting
6%

Total votes: 17

NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: General Election 2019

Post by NottinghamWhite »

This morning’s headlines should read Cor! Binned.
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Headline: Corbyn waking up to a hard Breakfast.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

'That went well then, NOT' is my first conclusion today as I woke up to the results flowing through.

One thing that has surprised me in the last year or so, and it's something I never expected would happen here in Blighty, was the rise in people proudly saying they're right wing, also slating Labour supporters as 'lefties' as if it's down there with fascism and people who change their football allegiances depending on which team is doing best.

Ah well, plenty of change needed, this country and its governments of recent years surely can't hurt me and mine more than they already have tried.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I'm waiting for the remakes of Love Thy Neighbour and The Black And White Minstrel Show.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Another Northern Soul wrote:'That went well then, NOT' is my first conclusion today as I woke up to the results flowing through.

One thing that has surprised me in the last year or so, and it's something I never expected would happen here in Blighty, was the rise in people proudly saying they're right wing, also slating Labour supporters as 'lefties' as if it's down there with fascism and people who change their football allegiances depending on which team is doing best.

Ah well, plenty of change needed, this country and its governments of recent years surely can't hurt me and mine more than they already have tried.
Rob,

Rob, it's not slating Labour supporters as 'lefties' as if it's down there with fascism, it's calling them 'lefties' as it's down there with communism. The marxist's in the Momentum crew are to blame. For some reason, they got so confident that they didn't try to hide it.
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Interesting how the markets are responding with the pound rising sharply against many currencies which if the trend continues is a good thing with regards to imports.

Also the stock market rose 2% yesterday.

Certainly a bit of a surprise but a positive one in my opinion.

Still it's a volatile market so anything may happen as Brexit day approaches.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Sniffer wrote:
whiteinfrance wrote:The people have spoken - that's the problem with democracy

I despair of the lack of awareness. Well done the Sun, mail, Telegraph, etc.

Goodbye to: Scotland, Social equality, honesty, hope, jobs, NHS, international influence

Hello: Deviousness, lies, selfishness, Little England, more inequality, more austerity

Why is it that the Scottish seem more aware?

It seems that people have missed what is REALLY going on. See my previous posts

Good luck over there, you will need it
Thank you, whiteinfrance. I think we need more than luck, to be honest.

Ditto all you have said whiteinfrance.
I am sad, mortified and fear for the future.

The fact that so much of this is based on the lies of those with money and power will come back to haunt us all.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

johnh wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:'That went well then, NOT' is my first conclusion today as I woke up to the results flowing through.

Rob,

Rob, it's not slating Labour supporters as 'lefties' as if it's down there with fascism, it's calling them 'lefties' as it's down there with communism. The marxist's in the Momentum crew are to blame. For some reason, they got so confident that they didn't try to hide it.
Just to clarify, I genuinely was not referring to anything said on here, John. :thumbup:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
johnh wrote:

Rob,

Just to clarify, I genuinely was not referring to anything said on here, John. :thumbup:
:thumbup:
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

I had just put the phone down after leaving a heartfelt message to Caroline Flint's office (i hope she gets it) explaining that i believe people such as Kier Starmer and Emily Thornberry had effectively thrown Some Northern & Midlands Labour mp's under the bus after she has lost her seat, to suit their Remain cause, then i hear Lord Falconer on the BBC talking those two candidates up for the next Labour leadership Contest. Good luck with that.

Difficult to know where Labour move next, i don't think it is as straight forward as some people think about Northern & Midlands & Wales voters borrowing the Conservatives their vote. I think the progressive policies of the left in general are currently not striking a cord with most of the country. And that's without their complete wipe out in hardcore Nationalist Scotland.