Not sure yet
6%
Not Voting
6%

Total votes: 17

Deleted User 728

Re: General Election 2019

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Selby White wrote:And there is me thinking its something we hear about every day that would be of interest to a few on here, obviously not.
Really don't see an issue with having a Poll as a debate starting point.

However I won't bother starting any in future.

Time for a break.
I think most people are sick of politics right now.
Putting Brexit aside for a moment, the amount of other stuff going on that none of us are aware of is probably mind-blowing ..

I think Guy Fawkes had the right idea.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:And there is me thinking its something we hear about every day that would be of interest to a few on here, obviously not.
I have followed the debate quite closely SW, and you are correct it is of interest to more than a few of the members on here, as the Brexit thread will testify. I think you’ll find those ‘sick of it all’ are mainly those who didn’t get what they wanted ;)
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

VHTM, you should seriously consider some sort of career in journalism, another fantastic post.

I’m in the same position as you in voting for the Conversatives for the first time. To be honest, I would have voted for them previously, but I don’t like our conservative MP on a personal level, he comes across as an arrogant prig. I’ve never met the fella, so that’s probably harsh, but just a hunch, and he also supports shooting, fox hunting and the like which I detest.

However, I voted leave, and they are the only party I can see that is fighting for that (other than the Brexit party of course), but in truth that would be a bit of a waste/protest vote as they will have no power in the HOC.

I doubt anyone will knock on our door, but again I agree, I would politely ask the Labour candidate a few questions then close the door. They have confused themselves with Brexit, I’m not sure even they know their own stance any longer.

I differ slightly on the ‘Illiberal Undemocrats’ :D. Yes, they have gone completely against the democratic vote, but at least they have pinned their colours to the mast and are standing by it. I suspect they will do well too with the remain voters, so a shrewd move by Swinson in my view. I’ve never seen anyone move their hands as much as she does when speaking though.

I’ll be interested to see how some of the independents get on, but I see some of the rats are deserting the ship already by standing down before the electorate gets justice at the polls.

EDITED by Rigger - language, Timothy !
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Barlow Boy wrote:I think you’ll find those ‘sick of it all’ are mainly those who didn’t get what they wanted ;)
Everyone then :lol:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Voted other as it covers who I will be voting for here and it won't be Arlene's crowd.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

johnh wrote:Before we have yet another poll on this website, I propose that we have a referendum to find out if we actually want more poll's.
SW, my post (above) was a joke. :D
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

rigger wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:I think you’ll find those ‘sick of it all’ are mainly those who didn’t get what they wanted ;)
Everyone then :lol:
:D.

I was going to say those ‘sick of it all’ are mainly those who lost (the referendum), but I didn’t want to appear confrontational :thumbup:
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

PLEASE, before anyone gets aggravated about others' comments, let's remember that this forum is probably the friendliest and most civil one going. I'm not going to bite at digs against the party I will vote for or mocking people who voted in or out regarding the EU but I feel it's fair and reasonable to remind folk who have forgotten or overlooked the fact that plenty of people voted for Brexit because of the disgraceful lies about £350 million per week being deprived from the NHS because of EU.

I honestly refuse to fall out with friends over politics, even the racist ones, but if I see/hear something that I think is out of order, I'll say so. The near hatred between Remainers and Brexiters on 'social' media has been and still is absolutely disgusting.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

johnh wrote:Before we have yet another poll on this website, I propose that we have a referendum to find out if we actually want more poll's.
I will double you on the referendum and raise you by a poll. :D
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

However I won't bother starting any in future.

Time for a break.
Oi you can't take a break. You've too many competitions to run matey :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders