9%
Nut roast
No votes

Total votes: 11

Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The perfect roast

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:Haven’t eaten Lamb since I saw some of them playing in a field on my way to work several years ago :|
That's where my alter ego kicks in and I struggle a bit but I honestly could go meat free.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Leg of lamb is our favourite - Morrisons is the best of the supermarkets for it.

Pork is a favourite of Mrs MW, Sainsbury's shoulder our preferred supplier and cut.

I do most of the cooking for us but I find roast beef for two people doesn't work....dry, flavourless.

Roast chicken is a midweek meal for us. Lidl's "small" chicken for £2.25 often stretches to three meals, all of them very tasty. And we sleep well afterwards because it's easier to digest than red meat.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Selby White wrote:Love them all but Pork just edges out Beef especially with crackling involved.
100% this!
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

I’m funny as I love a roast dinner but can’t stand carveries.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

ChilwellWhite wrote:I’m funny as I love a roast dinner but can’t stand carveries.
100% this!

Flavours all blend together in the bain marie and become one. You end up with a big plate of 'same'.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

kk_white wrote:
ChilwellWhite wrote:I’m funny as I love a roast dinner but can’t stand carveries.
100% this!

Flavours all blend together in the bain marie and become one. You end up with a big plate of 'same'.

My dislike is the greedy people who pile their plates up & then leave the bulk of it. My generation we were taught to take what we needed anything left, due to greed you ate the next day. I really hate to see food wasted due to greed.