The departed 2

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The departed 2

Post by Davycc »

Marvin Hagler passed away aged 66. Not a boxing fan but there’s names that just stand out in the sport and he was one.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

2 names from my era in Murray Walker and Marvin Hagler, RIP to both
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Davycc wrote:Marvin Hagler passed away aged 66. Not a boxing fan but there’s names that just stand out in the sport and he was one.
Actually have the video "Fabulous 4" which shows all fights between Hagler, Leonard, Hearns & Duran.
As the saying goes "70's was about heavyweights and 80's about middleweights"

Hagler genuine all time great a beast of a fighting machine.

RIP.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Saxon »

I just posted something about Marvin Hagler in the wrong forum, don't know what I was thinking.

You are correct SW 60's and 70's for the heavyweights, and the 1980's for the welterweight/middleweight division.
My dad was a big boxing fan, he used to get me up in the middle of the night to see those 60's heavyweight fights. I forget which one, might have been one of the Clay-Liston, it was the first ever transmission live by satellite over the Atlantic.I was hooked and followed boxing up until the end of the 80's.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Yaphet Kotto aged 81 has died. Loved him in the orginal Alien movie as well as the villan in James Bond's Live and Let Die. He was in one of my favourite TV shows from the 90's and a prequel of the great show The Wire, Homecide Life on the Street which ran for 7 series. Very Sad to hear RIP Yaphet :cry:
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Mr Russell wrote:Yaphet Kotto aged 81 has died. Loved him in the orginal Alien movie as well as the villan in James Bond's Live and Let Die. He was in one of my favourite TV shows from the 90's and a prequel of the great show The Wire, Homecide Life on the Street which ran for 7 series. Very Sad to hear RIP Yaphet :cry:
Yes, he is fantastic in Alien which is one of my all time fave films anyway.

I haven't heard of a Wire prequel, mate, so will check that out now with even more gusto 8-)

RIP Yaphet (who also played Idi Amin so convincingly in one drama that I've forgotten the name of!)
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:Yaphet Kotto aged 81 has died. Loved him in the orginal Alien movie as well as the villan in James Bond's Live and Let Die. He was in one of my favourite TV shows from the 90's and a prequel of the great show The Wire, Homecide Life on the Street which ran for 7 series. Very Sad to hear RIP Yaphet :cry:
Yes, he is fantastic in Alien which is one of my all time fave films anyway.

I haven't heard of a Wire prequel, mate, so will check that out now with even more gusto 8-)

RIP Yaphet (who also played Idi Amin so convincingly in one drama that I've forgotten the name of!)
Raid on Entebbe was when he played Amin. Homecide has a few actors who starred in the Wire as well, both written by David Simon.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Just read that sadly Peter Lorimer has passed, truly sad news, another great gone.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

R.I.P. Frank Worthington.
Winner of the Europa League
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

NottinghamWhite wrote:R.I.P. Frank Worthington.
Great striker in his day, only spent a short time at Leeds, his goals nearly kept us up back 1982. RIP Frank